iPhone 5 4g H+ LTE Problems

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Re: iPhone 5 4g H+ LTE Problems

I live in London... the coverage map says that I should be getting LTE... but a HUGE are around my house does not have LTE.  As soon as I leave the area, there is great LTE.  

I wish I could fix this.

**edited for content**

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Im in downtown Saskatoon, have taken out the sim, turned on off LTE, and nothing..still 3g..

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@Anthony M88 

I've been having the same issue here in Mississauga. At home it would fluctuate between LTE and 3G usually ranging from 2-3 bars. 

Although recently (past 2 days) I haven't even been able to get LTE in Mississauga

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I have a new iphone 5 64GB and I can't get the LTE network, my plan is the 6GB, 200min, the network setting enable the LTE but still can get the LTE network. I've call the customer service, they ask me to shut down, reboot, to finally ask to do a back up and re-initialize my phone, guess what? Still no LTE after that. Can someone help me with this?

Thanks

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Stupid question, but are you sure you are in an LTE enabled area? I'm in an LTE area and the coverage is still very spotty. It will come and go depending on where I am in the area.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi, I'm in Ottawa (which has LTE) and I have a new iphone 5 64GB.  I can't get the LTE network, my plan is the 6GB, 200min, the network setting enable the LTE but still can get the LTE network. One of my colleague has the same phone and side by side, he does have LTE and I'm 3G. I've call the customer service, they ask me to shut down, reboot, to finally ask to do a back up and re-initialize my phone, guess what? Still no LTE after that. Can someone help me with this.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I have made the test with a colleague which has the same iphone 5 64GB and he does get LTE, same time and location. I start thinking it is the phone, I've try everything possible on my end, Rogers customer service tell me everything is ok on my account, I just don't know what to think about that.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

London doesn't have LTE yet.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

ubert76,

I have the same phone as you and I'm in Ottawa. I have a 64 GB Iphone 5. Initially the LTE didn't work when I was at the Rogers Store in Westboro. The agent asked me to reboot the device and the LTE came on. On the Speedtest app I was averaging 32 MB download and 20 MB upload. The LTE comes and goes depending on where you are in the city. The latest glich is that I'm at home or at the office and my wifi drops connecting and then I connect to LTE. Which is not that great one you only have 1 GB data plan. BOOO.... It is the similar issue that they had in the states with Verizon. Anyone out there experience the same issue with the wifi dropping.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I went to an apple store and they told me rogers are doing a rolling upgrade so not everyone is getting 4g and LTE right away but we should have it soon! Hopefully that helps. I'm still a bit miffed that rogers help won't disclose this info. I thought my phone wasn't working properly.