cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 4s trouble with 3G connection

Yniq
I've Been Around

I switch on the iPhone 4s on the october 14... I had an iPhone 4 before and I got some 3G mostly everywhere! Now with my 4s I really have trouble with the 3G connection... Several time I got only edge in the same place where I had 3G with my iPhone 4.

Anyone else have the same problem?

Thanks

******* Edit labels ********

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: iPhone 4s trouble with 3G connection

BugMaster
I've Been Here Awhile

I had the same problem even after I changed the sim card. I went to the Apple Store and spoke to an apple genius. He went into setting and erased all settings and restored the phone at the store. I restored everything from iCloud and since then I haven't had a problem. There have been a few times when I have been in a bad location, it will switch to edge but will switch back to 3g when the signal increases. Hope this helps.

MH

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Where do you live?

I live in Scarborough, Ontario & the only way i will lose 3G is if i go outside to like northbay or somewhere far like that with my iPhone 4S.

Pattie2
I've Been Around
I am having a nightmare.I am on my 3rd phone and 3rd sim card and all have exact same problem. 6 weeks of sheer frustration..........trouble constantly with testing, calling, emails. Complete loss of connection. No one seems to want to help. I have spent around 30 hours making calls to Rogers and Apple and got nowhere. Only had the phone for 3 weeks when the problems started. If anyone gets anywhere sorting this problem out please let me know!

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
You do realize that its not that phone after you had 3 of the same ones right? Its the signal Rogers is giving us. The phone is fine because after searching on Google, everyone is having the same issue with different phones on the Rogers network.

BugMaster
I've Been Here Awhile

I had the same problem even after I changed the sim card. I went to the Apple Store and spoke to an apple genius. He went into setting and erased all settings and restored the phone at the store. I restored everything from iCloud and since then I haven't had a problem. There have been a few times when I have been in a bad location, it will switch to edge but will switch back to 3g when the signal increases. Hope this helps.

MH

We Want Your Opinion
Would you be interested in becoming a Community Testing Lab member?
Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 in conversation