iPhone 4s and 5c charges fast and takes forever to die

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

iPhone 4s and 5c charges fast and takes forever to die

Can't seem to find this question on the web at all. Possibly the reason might be we have perfect working iPhones. I have noticed both my moms and my phones seem to have crazy long battery life. Her phone is the iPhone 5c and mine is the 4s. I have been noticing once it hits to 1 % it seems to just sit there for maybe an hour before it finally powers off. Like I'm not really complaining if the battery life is really good. But it does get rather frustrating having to wait quite a while during monthly battery cycles to wait a long period before it finally shuts off. So I guess my question here is that do I have really good battery life if I seem to wait a long period before it finally shuts off or is this maybe false battery percentage done by an iOS update?

***Edited Labels.***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: iPhone 4s and 5c charges fast and takes forever to die

Probably just random, based on what is being used at the time.

My wife reularily runs hers till it powers off.. with actuall usage.  but she will be in a program, and it will die at 4%.. but thats because shes running wireless, etc all at that same time.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Probably just random, based on what is being used at the time.

My wife reularily runs hers till it powers off.. with actuall usage.  but she will be in a program, and it will die at 4%.. but thats because shes running wireless, etc all at that same time.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Well one of my friends I see on a weekly basis tells me I never use my phone often enough that's why the battery seems to prolong even after it's nearly dead. And I was on the phone with a Rogers rep this past Tuesday to see if my mom and I could get on a cheaper data plan and the lady I talked to was rather surprised I was paying for 3 gigs of data and I was only using like 200 megs or even under. Like the really reason I use very little data is cause I live in a town where it has only 1 tower and the wireless during the day is really slow. A few times I would attempt to download from the apps store and it would either say download failed or refused to download unless I was connected to a wifi network.