iPhone 4S won't send picture texts to certain phones/providers after upgrade to iOS 6

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
notsoblond
I've Been Here Awhile

iPhone 4S won't send picture texts to certain phones/providers after upgrade to iOS 6

I noticed after upgrading my iPhone 4S to iOS 6 that I can no longer send picture texts to my husband, sister-in-law, and cousin.  All are MTS blackberry users.  I have no problem picture messaging to other iPhones -doesn't matter which provider- and successfully sent a picture text to a different cousin who is a Rogers blackberry user.

Thoughts?  Fixes?  It's annoying as heck.

****Edited Labels****

JDYoung
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: iPhone 4S won't send picture texts to certain phones/providers after upgrade to iOS 6

I had the same problem, if I remember correctly. I think MMS turned off, you can send pictures to iphones through iMessage I bet and not regular texts
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: iPhone 4S won't send picture texts to certain phones/providers after upgrade to iOS 6

Mine is working just fine sending a MMS from my iPhone 5 to her Blackberry on Rogers. Have you tried contacting Rogers & see what is going on? Maybe they can do a network reset on the phone & see if it works.

@JDYoung.

Blackberries do NOT have iMessager same with any other phone maker. Only iPhone's use that. So doing that is useless.
notsoblond
I've Been Here Awhile

My MMS is still turned on.  Not sure what the deal is but it's frustrating!

notsoblond
I've Been Here Awhile

I seem to be OK sending to a Rogers blackberry, though I've only tested one so far.  The 3 that I know I can NOT send to are definitely MTS blackberries.

I was going to get on live chat with Tech Support tonight but it appears to be down.  😕  I'll have to try calling tomorrow, sore throat tonight and don't feel like being on the phone.

Will a Network reset make me need to set everything up again??  It took me forever to set up the first time, being that I was completely clueless to anything Apple.  lol

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I dont remember where the thread was... but there was someone else, having a problem sending texts PERIOD from rogers to MTS.

Im wondering if this is something between the two companies PERIOD..