iPhone 4S upgrade costs?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: iPhone 4S upgrade costs?

I agree with you. Also The ones putting their names on that you are just plain dumb (sorry but it has to be said)

You make a petition from here

http://www.parl.gc.ca/About/House/PracticalGuides/Petitions/petitionsPG2008__Pg02-e.htm

The petition you guys are making have a lot of problems i would not start with & a lot of people are just **bleep** because they never got the special pricing that no carrier gave.. Sad to say but Rogers, Bell & Telus are most likely laughing at all of you.

Grow up & deal with it. Leave the company if you do not like it. Go to another company that you guys think will treat you better. Rogers will not be sad or upset you guys are doing this because they have over 9millions costumers. Try getting all half of those 9 mill to sign that petition. They are not going to change unless halfd of the 9 million costumers they have either walk away or do this petition i showed. Not the one you showed us. I am not trying to be mean or taking sides with Rogers. But this looks bad on you guys not Them. You need to understand the law of how a bussniess works. I guess none of you do not understand that.

(No i do not work with Rogers nor do i like them i just have my point of view that this is pretty dumb & lame that you guys are doing.)

I Plan to Stick Around

Wait a minute. I thought those who are eligibe for an upgrade (not early upgrade) would only be paying $159 for the 16 GB 4S model!!?? Smiley Indifferent

As far as any MIR to help offset or lower the price, I was told a few years ago by a customer retentions/relations supervisor that they were NOT allowed to deviate from the pricing Rogers and Apple agreed upon. AT the time, all over the forums, people were bragging how they got the previous 3G (the year before) and they paid only $199 for the 3GS as soon as it came out. They were not normally eligible for  HU even though their revenue was below $100/month. Their account got dinged something l ike $4-500 but credits were applied over a period of many months to lower it to the $199.

As explained to me by several different CSR at the retentions level, EVERYONE was suppose to pay the same price (depending if they were doing an early HU) and stacking or rebates/discounts applied to the account to offset the EHUP was not allowed. 

Like i said, this happened a few years ago with the 3GS and I cant confirm if it happend last year since I wasnt following it then. But previously,  many CSRs at the customer relations level were stacking rebates, discounts, etc for a short period of time to  a select few who had great negotiating/manipulating skills to get a lower price then what they were eligible for. 

At present, it seems Rogers is charging a higher base price for those eligibe for a hardware upgrade than what is Apple's pricing scheme for same.

I would appreciate if someone from Roger's team would chime in on this.

I've Been Around

You sound bogus and I do not believe a single word you are saying since you definitely work or at least should work for Rogers!
I've Been Around

I am now going through a HUGE mess for my upgrade. I knew that I would be paying an early upgrade fee for sure however I was advised by the website and an agent that the cost for the device is $159 plus I would get a mail in rebate for $50. Well received my bill today and was charged $209 for the device and was told that the price published on the website included the mail in rebate however no knows where it says that information and I have searched hi and low and it can not be found.

I called and spoke with a manager who has stated that he will not take the time to locate but it is correct. I asked him again to show me where on the website the price shown includes the mail in rebate and he stated he does not know but will not look for it as he does not have the time. I asked to escalate above him and he did state do not bother as it will not be changed.

BE VERY CAREFULL WHEN YOU GO FOR AN UPGRADE!

I Plan to Stick Around

Dont upgrade now...wait until October when the iPhone 5 becomes available if you insist on an iPhone. For me, the puny .4999 inch 16:9 screen upgrade is forcing me to look at Android. The screen size of the iPhone is just too tiny for my needs. 

I've Been Around

same b.s story i rec'd ....can someone point me to where it says $ 209.00 ....

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Ya, those kinds of denials and obfuscations are standard Rogers practice.  They will advertise one thing then do another.  Everyone knows this, and more and more people are leaving them according to the numbers.  Leave or enjoy the Rogers treatment.

I've Been Around

correct me if im wrong, but this would be the breakdown of the early upgrade to an Apple iPhone 4s 16gb

+ 159.99 (device)

+ 156.00 (EUF)

+ 35.00 (admin)

= 350.99 (subtotal before tax)

-  50.00 (rebate)

= 300.99 (subtotal)

+ Tax (12%)

= $337.11 (Grand Total)

I do believe this is the correct breakdown for the early upgrade to an iPhone 4s 16gb

Cheers!