cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 4S upgrade costs?

yoeun905
I Plan to Stick Around

I've owned my iPhone 4 since last years release date and I reserved my iPhone 4S and it didn't say how much it would cost to upgrade, so i called customer service and they replied with no help telling me they don't have the information. So pretty much when i pick it up its going to be a surprize.

Does anyone know how much we will be paying for the new iPhone upgrade?

***edited labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: iPhone 4S upgrade costs?

correct me if im wrong, but this would be the breakdown of the early upgrade to an Apple iPhone 4s 16gb

+ 159.99 (device)

+ 156.00 (EUF)

+ 35.00 (admin)

= 350.99 (subtotal before tax)

-  50.00 (rebate)

= 300.99 (subtotal)

+ Tax (12%)

= $337.11 (Grand Total)

I do believe this is the correct breakdown for the early upgrade to an iPhone 4s 16gb

Cheers!

View solution in original post

37 REPLIES 37

inferno129
I'm a Reliable Contributor

When did you first get service and if it was before the iPhone 4 did you have an EUF getting it?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
You can go into the iphone 4s page and it has the tool that you add ur number, postal code and email and it will send u a email telling you all that.

IwantThe4S
I Plan to Stick Around

hello ! Welcome to the community. Since youi are new im going to try and answer all ur current and possibliy futur questions in one go.

1) you are going to be paying 320$( or more) + the cost of ur divice+ a 35 $ activation fee.

2) its possible that  Rogers have taken down teh reservation list due to extremely popular demand. If i were you i would recomend either pre ordering with someone else because if you do so now with rogers there is a chance that you will have a high number  ( as in over 5000) The reason i recomend either waiting in line or preordering with someone else is that I am currently number 51 and i am 100% conviced that i will only be reciving my device 1 to 3 weeks AFTER the launch ( due to there only being 40 phones of every model on launch dayfor pre orders AS IT CURRENTLY SEEMS)

3) if u decided to go throgh with the ore order from rogers, I will give you the knowlegde i have gotten so far.
-) the revervation systeme has its OWN stock allocated to it, sadly we dont know how much stock this actually is..
-) it is a NATION WIDE LIST so its first come first serve, but it is ALSO based on the mondel u want ( 16gig, 32gig, 64 gig)
-)don't bother calling rogers reps, at this point, we know more then they do ( they havent been imformed from the higher ups it SEEMS)
-)the 40 dollars that is charged to ur account will be refunded to you.
-)the diffrent prices you will see will see using the upgrade tool are the prices you will pay before the 50$ upgrade credit is applied to ur account ( i know -_-" thought this was useless my self)
-) yes a lot of ppl are not happy about how this is being handeled.

I hope this helped you ( and others in ur situaion)

btw: I do not work for rogers or anything, these opinions are my own. I just want to save you time and frustration.
some of these details are subject to change.

inferno129
I'm a Reliable Contributor

@IwantThe4S

For #1 not always, my EUF is $240.

IwantThe4S
I Plan to Stick Around

oh i forgot that,

i think the formula is something liek this* im using 300 as its what most would be paying, they can use the upgrade tool on the site to figure out what thier price is.

it goes something like : 300 -( 20/month) if you have a primum phone , like the iphone4 for example and 300-( 15/month) if you have a smart phoen such as iphone 3g/3gs etc

AccordTR
I Plan to Stick Around
I got my i4 on opening day, ie I stood in line. They want $320 for the upgrade fee from me, its $20 x 16 months left (30 total - 14 since i4 came out)

mukica
I Plan to Stick Around

Here is a link with the iPhone early upgrade calculator. Click on Get started, Good luck!

http://www.rogers.com/web/content/iphone4s

mukica
I Plan to Stick Around

Here is a link with the iPhone early upgrade calculator. Click on Get started, Good luck!

http://www.rogers.com/web/content/iphone4s

jsmile
I Plan to Stick Around

I am trying to figure out total cost.

the Early Activation Fee, the $35 upgrade fee - do i have to pay taxes on those on TOP or is it already included?

sebstienruel
I Plan to Stick Around

It's always +tx

jsmile
I Plan to Stick Around

If I buy the phone with no term renewal, can I avoid the hardware activation fee?

Now that I know how much it will cost me. I might as well go to the apple store and get a factory unlocked version, but I don't want to wait in line all night.  I already have one ordered with rogers and it says "In Progress". If I go to the apple store and get one, will they give me a refund on the deposit that I already made?

Its soo fustrating that rogers doesn't tell you the price in advance.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Yes you call the Rogers store that the phone shipped to & tell them you do not need the phone anymore. They should be able to take it off your name & number & give you the 40$ back to you.

Breezygirl
I Plan to Stick Around
From what I've read on the Redboard is you can cancel and they remove the $40 reservation fee but you might still have to pay the Rogers $35 activation fee at least thats what Chris from Rogers was saying. Not sure how that all works, if your sim card works you would think you would be good to go?

sebstienruel
I Plan to Stick Around
@jsmile

If your phone is "IN Progress" why not just pay the 35$ fee ? It's like paying to get the phone early.

To someone that need to wait anyway for the phone it's better to buy from apple but in your case you should just get it.

jsmile
I Plan to Stick Around

What is the better option?

I lost my iphone4 in June so this is a replacement of that.  I am nine months into my hardware eligibility/contract - or 21 months remaining

$649 for no-term + hardware upgrade fee? + taxes = $775 approx

OR

$159 + $420 + hardware upgrade fee + taxes = $690 approx.

so its about a $90 difference.  If I did option two, does that mean I wouldn't be eligible for another hardware upgrade for another 30months?  Which is more worthwhile?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Yes if you do option 2. You will not be able to do a hardware upgrade for another 30 months UNLESS Rogers does a special upgrade for the next new iPhone for next year. If you wish to go get the phone from Rogers outright then do so. Which ever one is better for you. You are the only one to know what is best for you.

sebstienruel
I Plan to Stick Around
that's right you wouldn't be eligible for another upgrade for another 30months..

jsmile
I Plan to Stick Around

@

Breezygirl
I Plan to Stick Around
I'm in the same boat, trying to decide as well. Not sure which way to go, I was #30 so my order is in progress, but then I got a 4 on release day last year at Apple. So my thinking is I might try that again, and get the unlocked Apple phone. It will have better resale value being unlocked only cost me less than $100 more, won't have to sign a contract and I will be 8-12 months in to my contract for the iPhone 5 and won't have huge upgrade costs. But then the chances of once again standing in line on launch day and walking out with a phone after 30 minutes are very unlikely to happen again like last year. Not to mention Rogers system kept going down the first few days as well.

But I need a phone so most likely I will get the Rogers one and pay the crazy upgrade costs, or maybe I'll just wait.....

jsmile
I Plan to Stick Around

@ Breezygirl.

Last year, what time did you line up at the Apple store? How long did you have to wait?

We Want Your Opinion
Would you be interested in becoming a Community Testing Lab member?
Topic Stats