iPhone 4S or SGS2 LTE?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

iPhone 4S or SGS2 LTE?

I have the LTE reserved but I'm not sure if I should just ditch it and get the 4S today.

What do you think? 

It'd be helpful if someone explained which phone is better and how, as well.

Thanks.

******* Edit labels ********

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: iPhone 4S or SGS2 LTE?

Honestly i would say the iPhone 4S. Not because i love it but because LTE is more expensive for data & also your battery will drain really fast because you are using LTE speeds for viewing internet pages & emails.

For me big screens & a 1.5 dual core is not a big thing to me. Its a extra yes but the battery it has can not hold for that stuff. Just my own opinion tho.

iPhone 4S the battery dies within a day ( Tested mine all day to check, Had about 10 apps open, Texting, Calling & listening to music for about 4 hours straight.) So for me iPhone is the best. Also you do not need to worry about LTE data since the phone can be as fast as any other phone but LTE ones.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Honestly i would say the iPhone 4S. Not because i love it but because LTE is more expensive for data & also your battery will drain really fast because you are using LTE speeds for viewing internet pages & emails.

For me big screens & a 1.5 dual core is not a big thing to me. Its a extra yes but the battery it has can not hold for that stuff. Just my own opinion tho.

iPhone 4S the battery dies within a day ( Tested mine all day to check, Had about 10 apps open, Texting, Calling & listening to music for about 4 hours straight.) So for me iPhone is the best. Also you do not need to worry about LTE data since the phone can be as fast as any other phone but LTE ones.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

I am no expert, even if Roger's goofy system of call people advisors, or experts, just because of the number of times they Post.  BUT, from what I understand, Apple is less flexible with their software/more proprietary, I gather that the Android o/s IS more flexible. 

For me the bigger the screen the better, I can't understand why some people get excited about watching tv or playing a game on a 4" screen.....I'd rather go home and watch/play on a 60" Plasma...but, that's just me.

From what I have read, if you don't use the LTE SIM, you will connect @ 3G & not pay the extra...I am not sure about this, so you might want to check it out for yourself.

Apple seems to have a bit of a history with problems with new hardware....but, maybe the iphone 4S came out to fix previous issues?

Apple has more cash on hand then the U.S. Treasury....they don't need my money 🙂

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Wait, I heard that the LTE battery is just as good? And it helps if you disconnect while it's not in use so your battery isn't drained?

Also, I'd be getting the $60-$65/month plan of unlimited text/call/LTE usage. And, do I need anything other than the phone for LTE? The main idea of a smartphone to me, is that you can browse the web and such, so if I need something else, I'll be furious...
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

its a matter of taste my friend ,sgs2 has better cpu power , higher ram and fantastic screen , iphone 4s hase better interface and better surffing capability and also smaller screen , iphone has lower hardware but tuned software in a magnificant way . my friend its a matter of choice i wont tell you my choice because it may affect your choice and i dont wanna do that .analyse both phones and i wish you a great experience .
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

honestly i doubt this sgs2 lte will ever even get to rogers!!!

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Galaxy Nexus. 😉

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Question, if I just have the standard 6gb data package will I be able to use an LTE device with a regular sim card on 4g networks? Since they're not offering the sg2 in anything but LTE.