iPhone 4S on reservation

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: iPhone 4S on reservation

Thanks for your input guys.  I won't be able to wait in line on Friday, I have patients first thing in the morning....booo.   At least I have the 3Gs so it's not too terribly slow.  My boyfriend has the 3G and it is painful to use.  Enjoy your new phones...whenever you get them!  

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

dudes its obvious that whoever has IN PROGRESS in their preorder status already got their iphone shipped out. For me i was number 20 and i was inprogress on monday. It said up to 4 days to ship so its gonna be in my store on friday.
Inprogress means it started the shipping process since you can't change ur store location anymore. So whoever got inprogress on monday they gonna get it friday, if you got it today than maybe monday next week
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

its obvious that American service providers must come into canada so Rogers has to take its head out of its **bleep**.
Highlighted
I've Been Around

#1997 status open. St. Thomas, ON. I hope they order enough in. My iPhone 3GS (iOS5) is sold and getting picked up on the 14th.
Highlighted
I've Been Around

I started at #58 for the 64GB Black 4s.  And now I'm down to 37 with an OPEN status. 

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I just spoke to the store where I am directing my 4S tomorrow, and the guy there told me that 99% of the stock they are receiving is earmarked for the reservation system. I wondered what was keeping them from selling these reserved devices on the open market - he said they don't get paid unless the phone are specifically sold to the reserver. He expected to have the first shipment for his opening tomorrow, with a second shipment in 1-2 weeks.

I see this as good news. I suspect that even though my status is still showing as "open", there will be a phone there for me. Perhaps they are having a hard time reconciling the store batches with individual reservations, or they simply want to mobilize their stock before updating status messages. If you think about it, it would be better to underpromise at this point rather than set anyone up for disappointment (which wouldn't be very hard!)

About my order:

Model: black 16 GB

Initial spot last Friday morning: 315

Now: 147 (Open)

Good luck!

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Just called my store here in Scarborough, ontario & they said that they have gotten the shipments of iPhones 4S but none of them are the ones that are supposed to be for the reservation people. ( i am one of them) So this is really ticking me off.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Remember, the official tagline is that it could "take up to 4 days". I'm in the same boat as you---my reservation has been "in progress" since last Sunday. In progress means that the shipment process has begun. Therefore, if you do the math, 4 (business) days from last Sunday is this Friday. I'm still holding out for mine for tomorrow here in Ottawa! 🙂

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

why are you staying with rogers anyway since you are leaving the country for two month. don' know where you re heading of but you should know phone bill are lot higher in canada then most countries in the world should have take a unlocked phone and go form there...
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Honestly i hope you are right. But if it was shipped out would it not say SHIPPED? Also the store i reserved it too said then ONLY received iPhone's for upgrades & new activations. None of them are for people that reserved it. If i have not heard anything till tonight ill just camp it outside the store.

Well i am buying the phone & since i am going to Greece i already have a phone to use up there. I switch phones when i get up there. My contract is ending on Oct 26th so that is why i am doing it this way. I am leaving the sim down here & once i get up to Greece i am going to activate a new line with vodaphone with another phone my cousin has that i can use on that network.