iPhone 4S on reservation

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: iPhone 4S on reservation

I would recommend for everyone to Reserve one from Apple. You will get it the next day & its the same way you are going to do it with Rogers. With Apple you need to reserve one after 9PM & the next morning you go pick it up & buy it outright, do a new activation or upgrade. which ever one you want.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I tried to reserve one through the Apple Store (Winnipeg), but it says all are unavailable... So I'm stuck waiting for my Rogers reserved one. Been stuck on "In Progress" since last Tuesday (reserved 2 weeks away). Any chance it'll be coming this week (possibly Friday?). Or should I continue hoping...
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

It says that because you are ONLY able to reserve one AFTER 9PM.. Apple will allowe anyone do reserve or pre order one after 9PM.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Oh, my bad! I see. I got a question. Is it only for off contract iPhone 4S'? Cuz I need to get one using my hardware upgrade on Rogers... I can't buy it outright (cost way less w/ the HU).
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Nope. All you need to do is go on the Apple website at 9PM. It will tell you to reserve a iPhone 4S. You need to pick which color & which GB size you want. Tomorrow or whenever you do it. ( the next day) when you go pick it up they will ask you what you want to do. You can say either new activation, hardware upgrade OR buy it outright. In your you want to upgrade so just tell them that. They will go into your account ( Apple is able to do it ) & do it for you. they will activate it & all for you.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Wow! Really? That sounds really convenient! I'll order one when the clock strikes 9pm. I guess I should make a Apple account? Just wondering how it links to my Rogers account?

Any extra fees associated when getting it through Apple?
And if I change my mind, is it okay to cancel it/not buy it? (either with the Apple or Rogers?)

Thanks for your help, Meowmix.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

All you have to do is make a Apple ID. You need one in order to download apps & all.

Apple will ask you for your info just like Rogers does. They will see on their computers if you are eligible for a upgrade & how much it will be & all. From there they will do it for you.

No extra fees at all. Apple will not charge you if you want to do this with them. It makes more money on their end since people are going to them & getting the phones from their end.

If you change your mind & you already reserved one from Apple. all you need to do is call tomorrow & tell them you do not want it anymore. They will just sell that one to someone else.

Same goes with Rogers. If you reserved one from Rogers & your status shows " open" Then you can cancel it right away" If the status shows " IN PROGRESS" All you need to do is call the store you reserved it too & tell them once it ships to them you do not want it anymore. Your $40 will get credited back to you once you get the Shipped email from Rogers.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks so much for the help Meowmix. I'll try it out tonight. Thanks again!
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

You are welcome 🙂
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

If you go with rogers to pre-order, do they refund the $40 when you pick up the phone from them?