iPhone 4S on reservation

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: iPhone 4S on reservation

Thank you & i know i waited for the ip4 last year outside of the eatons center & believe me thursday night at 8pm i went i was 100th in line. This year since i have a early upgrade ill be waiting outside the rogers store. Its better waiting outside the rogers store then a mall.

I dont know about the weather but i am wishing i can go on the beach when i get up there to relax & get a tan lol
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Interesting. I've been checking the device reservation link since yesterday, and hadn't noticed the 4s being listed at all. I only received the text message from Rogers. So how is it then, that 200 people have already reserved the phone, since the pre-order is until Friday? This doesn't make sense to me.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

It does. ill give you the link where a rogers rep said it him self that people reserved it.

work for Rogers iPhone Technical Support and I can confirm the texts were at least sent out. I can also confirm the phone should probably be available for reservation again soon. If you open the link the thread was created from me. I asked first about why they got the texts & we didnt.

ALSO i was told 200 from the managers team from the call center since i was trying to find out how i never got the text & yet so many others got it. I also talked to a few people i know that work for Rogers & they told me that the guy wrote the comment in the other thread is right. People did get to reserve it since it was first come first serve kinda thing. Once Rogers saw many people reserved it they took it down so they do not have a over flow of the pre orders.

Some people got text messages with a link about our new resetvation system, and it was more or less first come first serve. Some people did get to reserve some, but shortly after the product was removed from the reservation list and last I heard there's just a new BlackBerry available for reservation. They couldn't release which name exactly it will be, since that information hasn't been fully provided by Apple yet. It's just simply known right now as "the new iPhone".

The run-around from the customer service agents was just because the training for our reservation system and the new phone just came out a matter of days ago and before people even got trained the pre-order/reservation got taken down due to the high demand (I suspect).

Hope this clears some stuff up for some people, thought I'd register just so I could give my 2 cents.

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Apple_Devices/thread-id/1615/pag...

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Geez, Rogers screwed somethong up?  Shut-The-Front-Door, that's never happened, as I'm sure they'll screw up the reservation system as well.

If the reservation system, doesn't give me front of the line access, I'm not interested.  That's the point of reserving something.  The whole wait at the store arguement doesn't work either.  Rogers knows how many phones there are getting, they know how many each stores get, they know what stores have higher demand.  They will also know how many reservations they will have before Oct. 14th.  They will screw this up, garuanteed.  

If I reserve a hotel room, I expect the room to be avaiable, not for them to give it away because they have street traffic.

if it's not a reservation system, please change the name to waiting list...

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Just called 3 Apple stores here in Toronto, Eatons center, Yorkdale & fairview & they all confirmed that they will be indeed do the hardware upgrade at the Apple store at launch. So i rather wait at the Apple store to get one instead of waiting at Rogers & them only having 5 iphones in stock. Apple normaly gets more then a 1 thousand units during launch. So my bezt bet for everyone.  Just wait outside of the Apple store & get one. Rogers only gives a few to each store. Believe me a friend of mine did not want to wait with my outside of the Apple store last year & he waited at the Rogers store plus & he never got one because they only had 10 ip4 for upgrades & only 10 phones for new activations which in total comes to 20 for both together.

Also it is called the waiting list if you really look at it once you press the red bottun that says Device Recervation. So tech its a wait list not a reservation list.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I just got a text 3 seconds ago telling me I can reserve the new iphone 4s oct 7.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

If I'm eligible for an upgrade, and have been for the last 5 months will I be able to do so to iPhone 4s straight away, and will I get a different price do you think? Also, did the whole text registration that got sent out disappear?
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Trust me you are much better doing the reservation through Rogers or buying on the apple store website then waiting in that retarded line for 6 hours
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Lmao good luck with getting your phone 4 months later then?  The people that go to the store get the phone first. Always have, always will ( it just makes good business sense ). I really don't see your logic here.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Its not really rocket science:

For example, on Oct. 14, Warehouse has 1000 phones, and Rogers store has 1000 phones. The reservation system is putting a name and a store to each item in the warehouse. Since the 1000 phones at the warehouse have to go to the Rogers store for customer pickup, it doesnt make sense to have them available at the store the same time there is a mad crush to get the 1000 phones at the store. The warehouse will wait a few days to ship the product, as the inventory will be gone at the store, and people who reserved will have an easy time of walking at their leisure to the store to get it. $40 (temporarily) buys you a "walk in at your leisure, but give us a day or two after release" opprtunity. The alternative is to either wait in line (8 hours, hopefully there is something?) or wait for the second wave of stock (months?).