iPhone 4S on reservation

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

iPhone 4S on reservation

When will the iPhone 4S be available on the Rogers online reservation system?

Thanks

-Paul

***edited labels***

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: iPhone 4S on reservation

From what i was told from about 7 different costumer sell department they told me that they do not know anything & to keep checking the reservation system. It might go live on the 7th like the states.
I Plan to Stick Around

where do you find the reservation system
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Log into your account on my Rogers. Go into your account & underneath the image of the phone it will have a red box saying Device Reservation.. Click on that & it will show you it. They will most likely put it on the reservation list on Oct 7th when the pre orders happen. I talked to a few stores & they told me even tho you reserve the phone its first come first serve at the stores. SO the people that are waiting outside get the phone before the people that reserved it. Called about 7 Rogers plus stores in Toronto & talked to managers in the calls center & they all told me the same.The people that Reserve the phone get it after the rush,
I Plan to Stick Around

Yes, this is true. First come, first serve. Typically, when you reserve online, the phone is usually shipped within 24-48hrs, so although you may not get the phone the day its released, you'll still get it almost right away. Besides, we've all waited this long for the phone, what's another couple of days, right?

I Plan to Stick Around

What's the point of a  reservation system, that we pay for, if we don't get front of the line access?  I may as well stand in line at an Apple store.  Isn't this the point of the reservation system?  I'll check again on Friday, to see if the iPhone 4S shows up or not.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

It is but if you really think about it like the people that talked to me about it goes. If you wait outside the store you get first come first serve. The people that reserved the phone GET the phone but they get it one Rogers Warehouse sends it out. They either will most likely send your phone out the day or 2 after it gets released. You have to realize that the phone is being released in 9 days from today. When i called the Store, the Rogers plus store manager told me that the people with the pre order / reservation list will get the phone after the rush because they want to make sure they people that waited outside for hours during rain / cold weather get one instead of waiting for no reason. where you guys just sit at home & get a call or email to come pick it up. You need to understand that you are paying 40 bucks you are getting back once you pick up your phone from where ever you shipped it too. The phone will have YOUR name. But the stores might not get them for maybe a day or 2.

@ Andrew2012 I would not mind waiting for a few extra days it just i have to leave on the 16th for a family meet & stay in Greece for a month for i rather stay outside & get the phone the same day instead of waiting for it. Unless you have nothing to do for those days right?

also guys think about this. You realize how many people will flood the reseration list for one? Is it not better to get it the same day instead of waiting for days to get it? I heard from a Rogers rep ( also a Manager from the managment team call center) there is about 200 people already reserved for this new iphone ( since the text msg was sent out). It was sorly taken down due to high volume. So i rather wait outside in the cold to get one instead of waiting for day / month to get it. In my thing i have to wait since i am leaving a day after lol

I Plan to Stick Around

The point to the reservation system, is so that you don't have to stand in line at 3am, just to find out at 9am the phone is out of stock at that particular store. The point is so that Rogers can have it shipped directly to you from the source. Also, it's great for those of us who don't have the luxury of taking time off of work to wait in line. Like I said earlier, it'll probably ship to you within a day or two. Who cares if we don't get it the exact same day its released. You've survived this long, I'm sure you can survive a bit longer, no??

I Plan to Stick Around

In that case, waiting in line might be your better option. I wish you luck my friend; the lines are going to be chaos!! Enjoy your trip overseas. The weather is beautiful this time of year! Smiley Happy
I'm a Trusted Advisor

People can wait but if you read i am leaving the day after it gets released so for people that are going on vacations or leaving the country for personal reason then they might wait outside. Also i would like to point out for you to read my edit reply. Read the buttom of my reply here.

"also guys think about this. You realize how many people will flood the reseration list for one? Is it not better to get it the same day instead of waiting for days to get it? I heard from a Rogers rep ( also a Manager from the managment team call center) there is about 200 people already reserved for this new iphone ( since the text msg was sent out). It was sorly taken down due to high volume. So i rather wait outside in the cold to get one instead of waiting for day / month to get it. In my thing i have to wait since i am leaving a day after lol"