iPhone 4S on reservation

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Re: iPhone 4S on reservation

@ doc_colton

I am also a corporate client who is wondering the same thing...Do you have to call and cancel the reservation with rogers? Does the 40$ get credited to your account?

I've Been Around

I've been "in progress" for a 32gb black since Oct 20.  Today I went to the mall, walked up to the Wireless Wave kiosk, and within 10 minutes was walking away with my activated and ready to go phone.  They had plenty of each size.  This was at West Edmonton Mall.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

FOUND a BLACK 32GB if anyone is interested!!

Just called (5:45pm) and they have one available from a cancelled reservation.

Thought I'd help out some fellow members...

Good luck..

Rogers Plus
329 Parliament St
Toronto, ON M5A 2Z3
(416) 916-6599
I Plan to Stick Around

I've been "In Progress" since October 24, looks like I'm in for along wait.  I wasn't aware Apple couldn't upgrade Corporate plan, saves me the hassle of trying to reserve one online.  Rogers custome support people are monkeys who like to point the finger to someone else.  When I called in to inquiry I got passed around to different deparments than back to the rogershelp.com agent than back to the store who told I had to the call centre..Monkeys!!  Can I ask for discounts or compensation from Retentions for the added stress?

@okiedokie wrote:

The Apple store cannot do business upgrades,  tried that no luck, it is personal upgrades and new personal activaions at the apple store 

ps I have been in progress for a 32G Black since Oct 24th in Ontario waiting for it to be shipped to a store in Oakville Ont, 

If you have a personal line that is up for a hardware upgrade you can try the Apple store I had tried there and did have luck reserving only having to cancel as they cannot do corp emp plans or business plans,

My patince is running really thin on this they should never show in progress until they are putting it in a box gives people false hope.  Having a wait list number is a much better way at least you know how many people are ahead of you, 

I Plan to Stick Around

Still waiting in two more days it will be two weeks (10 business days) in progress,  well personally I would rather have a number saying where I am in the queue,  

I was 1044 when I went to in progress that means there are more than 1044 folks like myself for a 32G black that are waiting.  That was my number in the wait list when it went in progress. 

So that as is only 100 phones per province,

With at 450 Rogers Retail Stores in Canada that is 2.32 iPhones per store and given I have been waiting just over 7 business days we will say one week for simple math they are potentially sending less than 2.23 phones per week to the stores,  now we all know that you can reserve it to go to a non corporate store as well so that means more stores, and potentially less phones per store.   Ok I think I have over thought this,  given there are 3 models it is maybe 7 phones per store per week!  

They are doing new activations, first they wont admit it but that is what they are doing,  more revenue on new activations,  

The Mercedez dealership down the street sells more E Class cars per week than this ! 

On the Apple reservation thing  you can get on there and keep trying you can get a reservation you just have to keep trying even when it says time out try again it will eventually get you in just ensure to have your apple id ready,  This is the same one you would use for itunes or the app store.  Try a store a little farther from the major centres if possible,  Burlington Ontario has been decent for stock where the Eaton Centre in Toronto has been impossible. They are doing it every night after 9pm so if you are eligible for a personal upgrade that is the way to go.  Myself I have to wait,  sadly the blackberry keyboard died today,  I can voice dial at least but no more texting,  no more BBM,  thank you Rogers for your consideration eventually my phone will arrive and I will be somewhat happy but at the same time have an opinion of the Rogers service that will be forever tarnished,  a communications company that is not even keeping there own staff up to date,  I will put money on it they outsourced the distribution to another company and that is why they have limited info,  

I Plan to Stick Around

One more thing once you go into progress there are no more email updates until they email you to tell you the phone has been sent,  ...... hopefully to the right store......

No one in customer dis-service knew that,  (note I am not using care or service ) was in a Rogers Store today just as a mystery shopper and well they said no one really knows what is going on except a lot of people are cancelling.  Apparenenly now Bell and Telus are giving a $150 bonus to move your number over from Rogers, cant confirm that but worth a look. 

Sadly I cannot leave and can only hope my BB voice dialing hangs in there ! 

I've Been Here Awhile

Update: After complaining on here last night that I'd been "In Progress" for over a week, I got the email this morning saying that my black 64GB iPhone 4S was shipped to my local store.

When I clicked on the tracking number the tracking info told me that "Derik" signed for it at the "front desk" in Concord, ON, a few hours after the email was sent. Problem is: I'm in BC.

After much hassle trying to get a straight answer out of everyone, I was told that Concord is where the distribution facility is and that I should still get my phone early next week, and my local store will call and tell me when it gets in.

This kind of makes sense, but I'd really love a tracking number for the shipment from ON to BC, and nobody seems to be able to provide that.

So I guess I just sit and wait and hope until next week. This whole process has been a real drag.

I've Been Around

Just wanted to share my story, since this thread has been very informative to me.  

I reserved a black 32gb on Oct. 31.  I was about 8xx in line.  I had no clue how long of a wait to expect, the sales rep told me "...a couple days".  After reading this thread I realized what kind of wait i was in for.  I figured I should take matters into my own hands.

My first call was to the local Best Buy Mobile.  Sure enough they had a couple black 32gb on rogers in stock.  Rushed over to the store, got setup and activated.  They honoured my upgrade price and Rogers rebate.  

The phones are out there... You just need to put a little effort into looking.  To me, the effort was worth not having to wait weeks for the phone.   

I Plan to Stick Around

@ crx-mike 

Thanks for sharing! 😄  Im sure that info will help other people on here. 

I Plan to Stick Around

@doc_colton

I am also reserve mine through Business reservation system and of course still waiting ( 3 weeks now). Just wondering are you able to do the hardware upgrade at the Apple store as you mention it yesterday?