iPhone 4S on reservation

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: iPhone 4S on reservation

I just want to give a quick aftermath to my furious post yesterday: Approximately 2 minutes after I posted my 2nd post, I got the phone call telling me to come and pick up my device. I was relieved because 50 minutes later and I was on my 1 hour commute, and that would've been the end of my dream of a new phone for a couple of days. The person that served me, however, was not the same person that happily brushed me away. I was glad, because it would've been awkward otherwise. Hang in there to those who wait. If you're going from a 3G to a $s, the upgrade is well-worth it.

As a side question, now that I have 2 iphones, can my other one be sold to someone that is running with another carrier?

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

@dyalad. No because your iPhones are locked to Rogers. So you need to sell it to someone that can ONLY use it on the Rogers network. ( unless you have it unlocked or unlocked it your self WITHOUT jailbreaking it)

I've Been Around

I'll share my story with everyone since this site was what kept me sane during my wait 🙂

iPhone 4S 32GB Black (London ON)

I reserved the phone online on Oct. 22 and was at ~2010.

On Oct 24, I was at ~400 (I think Rogers gets a shipment every Monday).

On Oct 28, I was at ~200.

Then I read posts about reserving online via Apple. So at 9:00pm on Oct 28, I ordered the phone on the Apple website and picked it up on Oct 29 at 9:00am. I should've done this a week ago! Apple took less than 12 hours to get me what I wanted. If I had kept waiting for Rogers, it probably would've taken another ~2 weeks for me to get my phone.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

You want to know why Apple takes 1 day for you to get your phone? Its because Apple stores are owned from Apple ( duh lol) they get more shipments of phones then any carrier or any 3rd party store. They get shipments every second day or even a week. They get more then a thousand phones a week.

Apple got more shipments of iPhones this year then they did any other iPhone launch.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@ymcanita You're a smart person! Tried looking for white 32GB on apple reserve site, but unavilable. Seems like all other models are avilable somewhere except this white 32 GB 😛 

Ahh well. Just have to keep on waiting 😄

Whats the moral of this problem....just reserve through apple rather than waiting weeks for rogers to get inventory

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

I Agree with Jun. Apple like i said gets more inventory of iPhone's then any other carrier or any 3rd party store.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

been "in progress" for about 5 days now for a 32gb in Vancouver.  should I hold on, or try and order one through apple?

Highlighted
I've Been Around

I've in been progress for a **bleep** 2 weeks.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks vmcanita.  I didn't even know this option existed. I'm reserving mine via apple tonight. 

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Hey, i reserved a white iphone 16gb about 2 weeks ago and my number was 840 and last week it went to 400 and since that week my number hasn't moved at all and i called rogers tech for help and they told me to talk to my store pick up location and i went to them and they said to call them :S and one of my friends ordered it on the same day as me and she got it...can someone tell me what to do?