iPhone 4S on reservation

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: iPhone 4S on reservation

So I ended up reserving a phone @ the apple store for tomorrow. 

Question, If I pick up a phone from the apple store, is it unlocked? I mean free from rogers bloat ware?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

If you pay subsidized price of $159 then it is locked to Rogers.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

It is only unlocked it you pay full price otherwise you are locked however once the warranty period is up unlocking it it fine I hear it is about 30 bucks to unlock on average, 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Sorry the reason you have to wait the year is that the phone comes with a one year warranty and if you unlock or jail break the phone within that period you void the warranty unless it came unlocked from Apple
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Im curious, if you reserve from the apple store, do you buy it out right or can you get it with the contract price with the major 3? 

If thats the case, why are people reserving with rogers??? I hear that reserving with Apple takes MUCH faster or am I wrong?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I am soo mad!.. Yesterday I got the confirmation that my phone was shipped to the store i choose. I called my buddy that works there and he said it will be ready after 3pm because they have to send the item # to head office so they can place it in their inventory. So I called after 5 to tell him i was on my way and to find out he left for the day. So i got such a rude lady that answered the phone and refused me from picking up my phone because it wasnt ready to be released! what the **bleep** do you have to do to get it released. I try to inform her what my buddy had told me and she just went off on me by telling me not to come because its not ready to be released. I am getting quiet frustrated with these rogers employees that think its ok to give such horrible attitude and be so god **bleep** rude!

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Some of the reps that work at Rogers plus are rude like that. They always want to do it their way or no way. I suggest you talk to your buddy & see why he never told you to go get your phone before he left. It sounds to me that he never really called & never told anyone thing.

Yes they need to call Rogers head office to let them know the phones are their & how many they got & its for the people on the reservation system. Once head office says its okay to be released then they will release it.

I suggest you go back & speak to that rude person & your buddy. It sure seems that some reps do not like people.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Jun, 

If you go to the apple store you can buy it outright or do a hardware upgrade,  business clients cannot upgrade at the apple store for Rogers, personal clients can for Rogers, 

If you upgrade the phone it is locked to the carrier that you upgrade with including Rogers 

If you buy it outright it is not locked this is the info I have gotten from apple. 

Reserving is possible  the system opens at apple.ca at 9pm each night and there is limited spots and you need to have an apple id, the same one used on itunes etc.  

I had reserved one and now Rogers customer service is saying they are getting more phones and I should get one soon but no definite date yet.  I have been in progress since Monday morning intially ordered on the 14th of the month am was over 5000 in the queue, I was at 1044 when the status went to in progress, 

Yes apple is faster for the upgrade it is just tough getting the reservation,  however I tried twice on two occasions as was able to reserve only to cancel as they told me soon !!!!  (;o)

Good luck in getting one, 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Have you gotten your iphone yet ?

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

I was the first #17 in line. Mine showed IN PROGRESS till the day of launch.. Funny thing is that i waited for a few hours outside a Rogers store & once they gave me my iPhone ( not the one i reserved.) I got a email saying that my device is being delivered today to the store.

If i never got my iPhone that morning i would have gotten it the afternoon of launch day.