iPhone 4S on reservation

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: iPhone 4S on reservation

Can anyone here answer my question regarding the Business Reservation System?

I have a reservation # with a Status of  "In Progress (Pre fulfilment)", what exactly does this means ?

Also I have been "in progress" since Oct 14 with 7xx and it only drop down about 90 spots to 6xx as of moment ago.

Ordered a 16gb black.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

@leethc. It means they are most likely not done with your order.

They do not have enough 16gb black ones in order to fill your order.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

UPDATE: I've just called 29 Montreal Rogers stores, and each one of them told me it's going to be a long time until new phones. I spent a good 20 minutes with Customer service and was not only told that my order has barely moved (down to 111 from 115 last Monday), but that my 6gb data plan might not even be elegible for upgrade.

Anyways, the Rogers stores said they expect a new shipment in 2 weeks (at the earliest) and another store even told me none before the end of November. This is new since I've been calling every couple of days for the last 9 days, and this is the first time they actually give me a timeline, usually they say they don't know.

So to sum up, expected wait time: 4 weeks+

and

My current voice and data plan combined cost me 68$ a month, but Rogers tells me that this does not fulfill their 50$ a month requirement for the iPhone and that I will have to get a more expensive plan (bumping me to 75$ a month, and only 1gb of data instead of 6gb). So I have no idea in what world, 68$ is less than 50$ but, for some reason Rogers thinks it is (even before taxes 68$ is more than 50$!). The CSR told me that I would not know if my plan is even eligible for the upgrade until they get my phone, and then might tell me CONGRATULATIONS, YOU WAITED A MONTH FOR THIS, PAYED THE RESERVATION FEE, AND NOW YOU CAN'T HAVE IT! I feel so good that I've been with Rogers for 11 years, maybe it's time for a change!

The line for 32gb White iPhone 4S in Montreal is now 300+ people, I am 111th, and "in progress" for anyone who wants to know.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

They are most likely saying that because of what happened last year. It took 4 or so weeks for the second batch of iPhone's to get shipped to the stores.

This however is a different story. The stores do not know when they will receive any shipment of iPhone's you want to know why? its simple. If the stores know when the shipment will come, they will call all their friends to come & get them before anyone else. Its been done before.

Everyone with the status IN PROGRESS will get their phone by the end of next week.
Also the reservation system has a different stock of phones then the normal stock. They have half of the stock they get from Apple for the normal walk-ins & the other half is for the reservation system. You ask them when they will get iPhone's in stock & they will tell you a date like 2-3 weeks. No store knows any info on when they will get the walk-ins & the reservation stock. It is all up to when it get shipped & the store sees it once UPS drops them off.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

thanks meow, do you have any info about this plan eligibility stuff?

Rogers never told me this prior to or after reserving, only after this, my 6th long talk with customer service have they mentioned it. The only reason I'm not going to leave Rogers is because I have this 6gb data plan for this price. They say I will not only have to pay more, but also have to lose my data. So I'll be paying 10$ more a month and end up with just 1gb of data.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

I suggest you look it up.Click on the link below. It will tell you what you need to know.

http://www.rogers.com/web/content/iphone4s?cm_sp=cm_sp=Consumer-_-Wireless_iphone4s_1011_Eng-_-Famil...

Your plan should work.I do not know a reason why it should not. I have the & 55 monthly plan with the 6GB of data. The only reason it might not be eligible is that you might need to buy the more expensive like the one i have. In total i pay 66 + another $12 = comes to 78 dollars with taxes.

I would suggest speaking to them & seeing if they are nice enough to offer you the 6GB of data for the $10 on top.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

My tracking says delivered Smiley Very Happy and I just called the store to double check to see if it is in fact there, which it is. Unfortunately I am not off of work by the time they close so I will have to wait till tomorrow morning to pick it up.

To recap I reserved on 16Oct in mid afternoon was 5000+ in the virtual line, it dramtically dropped to 290 on Tuesday 18Oct, then to in progress on Wed 19Oct. Then shipped on 24Oct from Concord, ON, was in Winnipeg around 1am last night and arrived at my store in Burnaby, BC at 11:20am. Overall not too bad, could have been much better if I received it last week, but I am content with a week and a bit.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

What model was it 

It helps when you provide the model 

More details are better it makes the community a better place 

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Oh sorry I had it in my initial post back a few pages forgot to include in the recap, it was a 16gb black 4s

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks for the info, 

Although I am in progress I was able to reserve a phone for pick up tomorrow at the Apple store,  has anyone done the hardware upgrade there,   I just cannot wait my BB 9700 key board is sticking (or should I say the letter c repeats forever when pressed) !  I cannot wait another week,  I know I cannot cancel now, but can cancel when they call me and they will credit back the reservation fee. 

I was able to get a 32G black 4S reserved at the Mapleview Store in Burlington ! 

If it is going to be too much trouble I will just wait and go on holidays till my phone shows up !  Anyone have any experience with this I am due to pick it up tomorrow at 10am