iPhone 4S on reservation

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: iPhone 4S on reservation

I was at 5790 as of Oct 14th when I reserved ,  then 1067 as of Friday Oct 21 (they moved 4723 phones, or cancelations in one week)  as of today I am at 1034,  so a few people might have canceled their reservation over the weekend,  I am waiting for a 32G Black 4S ,  will update my status again forget about complaining give more details on what is happening and maybe the forum will be more effective.  Monday is the first business day of the week I moved slightly down, again I can assume cancelations.

I would imagine when they get more supply of the 32G Black I will see a major drop as I did last week as well,  apple controls this on a 1 to 2 week delivery time frame and I am sure that is the wait time I am looking at,  I would imagine that they can move another 1000 32G's or so this week so maybe tomorrow will be the big day they box up my unit and send it to the store, 

For those that post on here do everyone a favor and let us know when you get it otherwise the post is just that a complaint and helps no one.  It helps that we let people know the timelines,  when I called Rogers to discuss my upgrade they said it would be 1 to 2 weeks, so far they are within that window and it is not all up to them,   

I have been a Rogers customer since 1994 and they have had hicups before,  I dearly remember when they launched the first pay as you go in Canada it was nuts ! 

As for Bell and Telus having product they were not the first to get the iphone as such they do not have as many customers with the old versions wanting to upgrade,  

Also just so you know there are very few cases that fit this phone out there yet, most are designed for the 4 and the buttons are slightly different !  

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

So yesterday (Sunday) my wife and i put our rservation in for 2 white 32 gig.  we were #471 and 473.  this morning i checked and we were moved up to 184 and 186.  I'm not too sure how we got a much lower # than others on here as it would seem that our phones will be coming soon based on our #'s, but others have been in the system far longer and are still waiting for theirs.

oh well, will keep you all posted on when we are moved to shipped status.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

I was number 3064 on October 7th for a white 16gb iphone 4s.  Was "in progress" beginning Sunday, October 16th.  Shipped on Friday October 21st and picked it up the same day at Cloverdale Mall, Etobicoke.  No problems, great employee, wonderful customer service.

It is frustrating to wait but well worth it when you finally get to talk to Siri Smiley Tongue

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

This reservation system is absolutely ridiculous, I reserved the white 32gb edition and since October 17th I've been 115th and "in progress". This is up to 2 hours ago, and my position in line has not changed. Not only that, I've tried calling every single Rogers store within a 100km radius of my location, it took me 3 days, but no one has stock (I am in Montreal). This is something that the CSR should be able to do in 10 seconds over the phone (is there no inventory list?).

I've been a customer with Rogers for 11 years. I've had my fair share of customer service encounters, and not all of it's customer service representatives are bad, but the company as a whole needs to increase transparency to it's customers. I've had two different CSRs tell me completely opposite things 10 minutes apart from each other. I asked last Thursday if they could check my status and the guy was very polite and did so. He told me my position in line, and that I was in "progress". Ten minutes later, I found some more info online and called customer service to corroborate my information, and at the same time I wanted to confirm my position since it had not changed in a week. This second CSR told me in these precise words "it is impossible for us to see this without your code" even though the last guy did it for me using just my account info.

Honestly the only reason I haven't left Rogers, along with all 3 other contracts I have with them, is the lack of a decent offer from any other company. This is not a good customer retention strategy Rogers especially not for someone who's been paying $300+ a month for the last 11 years!

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Ha, reservation system is interesting indeed. When I put my reservation in, i was 21xx, then the next day I went to 17xx. over the weekend the number only moved down to the 1600's but I just checked and I was in the 50's ... thing is, the status still says "open" I really hope that I can be able to get my phone before the end of the month, because I spoke to reps to get my plan changed, and I'm worried that it will be screwed up if I have my blackberry with the iPhone plan. Now I have been trying each day to reserve one in Apple's stores, but they always show unavailable (Live in Alberta). When I checked some other forums, some people had been reserving multiple iPhones, which sucks, since these are people who just buy a large quantity and then sell them on kijiji for 200+ dollars higher than retail

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Just went from 228 to "in progress" tonight for black 32gb in Vancouver. I wonder how long I'll be stuck here now for.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

How are you 228 and in progress, and i'm in the 50's and my status is still open? (I'm also in line for a 32 GB Black iPhone 4S)

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Ok here we go my wait list number has disappeared and I am now showing in progress,  so they did something tonight maybe tomorrow there will be an email 

I am waiting for a 32G 4S in Ontario 

brad

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

See my earlier post I was at just over 1000 for the 32 Black 4S earlier today things are working there,
It is the force Luke .... believe in the force !
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I think they must be intending to send a west coast shipment out sometime soon, hence the the status change?