iPhone 4S on reservation

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: iPhone 4S on reservation

Just in case anyone is curious about this stuff....I ordered on the morning of the 22nd (Saturday) for a 32 GB white. I was open # 405 when I started and when I check in the morning today, I am #106 and still open. I am in the Toronto area. 

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Mine has been in progress since last Monday morning. It's been 8 days now. I don't understand why it's just sitting in the warehouse collecting dust.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

If you read any post above it will show you why its not been moving..

Rogers processes each phone by the number you are. They have your phone in stock & ready to ship it out. You also need to understand your phone is most likely waiting their for them to see if any other reservation will be going either to the same store as yours or the same city. They are not just going to send your phone out. They will send every phone out at once. That is how it goes.

I know someone that has been pre ordered their iPhone 4S 16gb white from Apple a week ago & they still have theirs in progress. Its the supply that Apple sends. Rogers has to go with what Apple sends them. Remember ATT, Verizon & Spring got all Sold out & there is a ton of people still waiting down there for theirs since they pre ordered them since day 1.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

It's only been just a little over a week since the release of the iphone 4s. Im anxious to get a hold of it myself but I don't think its nothing huge to complain about reservation and shipping and what not at this stage of the game. We all know EVERY1 around the world is dying to get their hands on this, so I don't think it should be a surprise or disaster to think that Rogers is doing anything wrong. Its just a matter of patience. Of course, if you've been waiting for a month to go from "open" to "in progress", then hey, go nuts and complain, but right now is nothing big 

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

@Jun. I agree with you. Most people that complain about being IN PROGRESS since the day of launch should read the news on how other carriers in the world are having the same issues. They do not realize that its supply & demand from Apple. Apple is the one sending the phones they want. Apple has to make smart decision on how many phones each carrier can get around the world every week.

Like you said if someone was waiting in like with OPEN or IN PROGRESS for a month then yes complain then. The phone was just released a week ago & 2 days ago. Its hard for every carrier to get them in stock. Bell & Telus have them in stock for the reason i have said. Costumers from Bell got the Superphones like Samsung Galaxy S 2 & the HTC Sensation 4G & the new blackberries. Rogers never got the SGS2 or the HTC ones. So so many went for that & do not have money to get another phone after 2 or months right after.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Mine was shipped and delivered to the store down the street 4 days ago but they won't release to me because of mumble mumble head office mumble mumble.

I have the ups confirmation but they refuse to acknowledge it actually exists, 

My guess is they have a protocol to sell the preorders to new customers who walk in off the street.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Reserved it thursday 13th then went in progress wednesday 19th then they called me today at noon for saying it's delivered. I now have my iPhone 4s. It took 4 bussiness days to get it in progress and 3 business days to get it shipped and delivered in Trois-Rivières, Québec. It is a white 16gb iPhone 4s. I don't need to complain much about this reservation system. it took a week and 3 days to get it. Just like if I ordered something on ebay. The only thing I would complain is that they charged me two reservation. They said I reserved twice an iPhone 4s for the same phone number. I did ONE reservation and am pretty sure about this. I was like : ok so I just cancel the extra one and you'll refund me ? They said yes. then at the store they only got one iPhone. I've been refunded 40$ for my iPhone, but there's actually another 40$ from my "second reservation". I'll wait maybe they'll recieve the second one then I'll cancel it and they'll refund me. If that doesn't happen, then I don't know how to get this 40$ back since I didn't reserve another phone.

Sorry if I been hard to understand, I am curently learning english

I've Been Here Awhile

Quick question here...

I reserved on the first day, and was 1272 in line for the Black 32GB model. After watching my number slowly go down, and then being "In Progress" for about 5 days, it has finally shipped.

This morning I received an email from Rogers with a tracking number.

According to the UPS tracking detail page, the phone has been delivered, but the Shipping Information says "To: Richmond Hill, CA". This is not where my phone was to be delivered! Is this an interim step before being shipped to the store I chose? I am expecting delivery to a location at Yonge and Eglinton - clearly not Richmond Hill.

I have called the store I chose for delivery and they do not yet have my reserved phone.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I believe this is just an interim before the final destination which you chose to pick up the phone. 

If you think its already been delivered to a location in Richmond Hill, then call Rogers and im sure they can "help" with your issue. 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Still "open" position 228 in Vancouver.