iPhone 4S on reservation

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: iPhone 4S on reservation

you can cancel the order once its in progress right? i was able to reserve one at apple

I'm a Trusted Advisor

@ raps27

You can only cancel it when it get shipped to the store. When its IN PROGRESS it tells you that you are not able to cancel or change anything. I suggest you call the store you are shipping it to & let them know you do not want it anymore.
I'm Here A Lot

What I've been wondering is, if I finally get fed up with Rogers and, while I'm in the twilight zone of IN PROGRESS, I decide to take my business to, say, Bell or Telus, do I get my $40 back? I can't cancel online while it's in that indeterminate length, mystery category of "IN PROGRESS". Instead, I have to wait until the phone finally shows up at the store in some distant time, in some parallel universe.

My understanding is that the $40 gets refunded as a credit to my Rogers account, but if I take my business to another company I'll close my account with Rogers. So, since "IN PROGRESS" doesn't seem to have any relationship to readiness to ship, was giving my reservation an IN PROGRESS status just a way for Rogers to get another $40 out of me if I leave because I don't like the way they are treating me?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

It will come back as a credit on your final bill with Rogers. I have seen people do the same & there final bill came yesterday ( Friday) & it showed a fee of $40 but underneath it, it showed -$40 in which its a credit to you. All you have to do is call the store you reserved it too & tell them you do not need it anymore. Once the phone is shipped & you get a email saying its been shipped the $40 gets credit back into your account at that second. You also need to tell the reps that at the retention that you reserved a phone but you are taking you bussniess somewhere else & they will refund it back to you.

Rogers is not taking any of your money at all. Its like a deposit. You do the same at some stores & once the item is there & you pick it up, you get your money back no matter what.

I'm Here A Lot

Meomix, you say you're not a Rogers employee and I believe you. But, in that case, Rogers itself needs to do a much better job communicating with its customers. I know you've been reading these boards. As you can see, this "IN PROGRESS" status is causing A LOT of frustration.

Thanks for the information you've provided to just about everyone on these boards. If Rogers isn't compensating you for this they should.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Do not thank me, i like helping everyone out. It makes me happy knowing that i at least can help out a few people. Yes i do agree tho that Rogers should have handled this in a better way with them actually tell us what is going on instead of leaving us in the dark & having us really really upset & mad. They need to start giving their costumers a bit more info on launch dates, products & also the reservation system. If something did go wrong they should have told us.

I wish they did but they aren't since the hole point of this community is for others to help out others. As i read somewhere on the forums a rogers rep said that. Speaking of that i barely see any Rogers rep answer anything nor do they even comment or even say anything at all. So i took it on my own hands to try to answer the best way & to give the best advice i can. I do not mind taking time out of my own to help you guys in need. 🙂

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I reserved the Black 16GB iPhone 4S around 6pm on Oct 22 and was queued at 901. At 10:40am this morning, I have moved up to 893.. so I have a feeling this is going to take awhile, lol. But it's the weekend so I don't expect the numbers to drop fast. I would also like to note that the number is deceiving.. I might be 893 Rogers wide, but to my local store, I'm like 50th. Out of the 50 people, not all are getting the 16GB option.. so I should see it within a week (the rep told me that the phones are coming in this week at all their locations).. so on that note, I hope to see it by Friday 😛

I've Been Here Awhile

If the status says that it's "Open" it means that the order hasn't been processed. You are in a queue of orders.. as the phones come in, it  goes through the queue until it gets to you. Once it does, your order goes to "In Progress".. once the paperwork is created and the shipment is established for your stores location, the product will then be "Shipped".. You should get an e-mail at that point with the tracking number and then the rest is history.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

You do not know the number you are in your store. No one knows at all. At my local Rogers store they have gotten 67 iPhone 4S at launch. 32 of them were white & black iPhone 4S 16gb. Believe it or not Friday night came & all the 16gb ones were gone. 16gb ones are the most popular ones. I really hope you guys get your phones this week :).

Most likely all the numbers will start going down After Monday. Every week or so Rogers gets a shipment of phones from Apple.
I'm Here A Lot

Suckit, my understanding is that there is a queue for each model. So, if my understanding is correct, you are not number 893 in line for any iPhone, you are number 893 in line for a black 16GB iphone. The queues for other models might be longer or shorter than that.

It's also my understanding that allocations to fulfill reservations are done centrally. If so, it doesn't matter how many people reserved for delivery for your store; your place in the countrywide queue determines when you'll get your phone. That having been said, I have seen some suggestion that they might hold your phone for a bit to send all phones to a single store in a single shipment.

Caveat: I don't have any connections to Rogers other than being a customer; and my experience to date is that they don't particularly value customers. I've spoken to a few Rogers reps about the confusing and, if these forums and the Redboard comments are any judge, possibly interminable "IN PROGRESS" status on reservations. I've received different responses from pretty well everyone I've talked to about that. So, the information I provided above may be totally false. Smiley Sad