iPhone 4S on reservation

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: iPhone 4S on reservation

I went from 380 to 377 in the last 4-5 hours 😞

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Now they are playing with my mind, it just went back up by 200. Smiley Very Happy

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Not to discourage anyone, but to those asking how long it takes for your status to change from "in progress" to "shipped": I've been "in progress" for a Black 64GB since the 13th, and I was #504 when I reserved it in the morning of the 7th. Don't hold your breath.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Can anyone tell me what 'IN PROGRESS" means in the reservation system? I've tried, but so far haven't been able to get a straight answer out of Rogers.

I reserved on the day Rogers opened up reservations (but I didn't get up early in the morning so I got a high number). I sat in "Open" status for about a week and a half. Two days ago (more than 48 hours now) the status changed to "IN PROGRESS." Silly me, I thought that meant that my order was actually in progress. Apparently not.

When I asked a Rogers person how soon I should expect it to be shipped once the status becomes "IN PROGRESS" I was told that it depends on when stock becomes available. Huh? How can an order be in progress when Rogers not only doesn't have any phones in stock, but doesn't even know when it is going to be getting any?

When I asked another Rogers person she said that it will be shipping soon. When I said that to me "soon" means in the next couple of hours and I asked her if that's what soon meant to Rogers she replied, no, it will probably be two or three days before it ships, but no promises.

It seems as if the only difference between "Open" and "IN PROGRESS" is that you can't cancel the reservation anymore. Can anyone at Rogers (or anyone else) explain what "IN PROGRESS" really means?  

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

OK, now that's depressing. I didn't see the previous comment (by Grodesh) before I started typing my comment above.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Just reserved the 32G am 1936 in line.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

If this helps with anyone in the Toronto area waiting for an Iphone.

- I ordered a Black 16gb  at 10am on the 7th of Oct. I was # 2700 in line.

- By Tuesday 18th My status changed to "In Progress" in the morning.

- Friday the 21st (Today) My status changed to "Shipped" in the morning.

- Received an e-mail from rogers with a tracking number,  and it was scheduled to be delivered at 12:00Noon to the Rogers Plus store that I chose.

Now from the tracking number that I got, it said it was shipped on the 20th so really it took 1 business day to get there.

I know I wished I got the phone sooner but, I didn't mind the wait. Only a week since the phone has been released.

Good luck!

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I have been in progress since Sunday! Really thought I would get my phone today! Hopefully soon! 😞 Monday since ups isn't open on weekends!
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Fear not I started at 5790 on the wait list for the same phone and now I am sitting at 1067, that took 5 days to move to that position it is better than driving and calling all over the place for it and not being able to get it. 

I ordered on the 14th of October,   this is for the black 32G the iphone is nice but my current phone is working and I remain connected to the world 

I've Been Around

We ordered 2 Blk 16g phones on the first day the reservation system opened. We were around #5000.  By the 18th we were "In Progress", and today first thing this morning we got a call saying our phones were in. The phone is great. Good luck to everyone waiting.