iPhone 4S on reservation

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Re: iPhone 4S on reservation

Once they've been able to sort through the myriad of comments on here, I hope that Rogers is able to learn a few things from the 4S experience.  Namely:

- Yes, Apple notoriously underestimates its overall release demand.

- The demand for the 3GS was higher than the 3G; by extension, you can expect the 4S demand to be higher than the 4 no matter what Apple calls its newest release (4S or 5) as the majority of owners tend to 'skip' a generation due to hardware upgrade eligibility timeframes.

- An online reservation system is only as effective as the method through which it is administered. 

Customers are business-savvy enough to understand queing by product type and the challenges that come with drop shipped third-party hardware delivery.  That said, an explanation beyond the "open/in progress/cancelled" status lingo goes a long way to help your customer assess their options when a backlog occurs.  Being placed in a difficult to understand reservation queue with little-to-no idea if you'll get your phone by Summer 2012 does not inspire a positive customer experience.  BTW, I am currently in the range of #2,100 on the waitlist for a 32GB Black 4S and feel like I will have better luck lining up now for the iPhone 5. 

I've spent the last 4 nights trying to reserve through the Apple website reservation system, and can tell you that my experience there has been as bad (or even worse) than the Rogers queue (anyone else get right to the end and choose a date/time, only to be told that the product is unavailable???).  Frustrating all around.  I've never struggled to spend $269 so hard in my entire life. 

While Apple bears the brunt of the blame here, Rogers' share cannot be ignored......it is frustrating to walk into multiple 3rd party retailer and be told that "we can sell you the 4S you're looking for with Bell and Telus, but not with Rogers".  And while Rogers literature indicates that the reservation system has been implemented so that customers don't have to drive around to Rogers stores in search of a 4S, the approach they've taken has completely failed to accomplish this.

I hope that this message is heard loud and clear: your customers aren't happy with Apple due to supply concerns, and are unhappy with your approach to communicating and managing the wait list. 

I Plan to Stick Around

So my iphone 4s 32gb black went into "in progress" wednesday, any clue what day it should arrive?

I'm thinking between 21st-28th.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

In progress means that its in the warehouse but they still are waiting from UPS for the label or for them to pick it up. It also depends if others have reserved a iPhone to the same store. if they have they will wait for that phone to be processed as well & send them all out at once. That can take up to another 3-6 business days. ( mind you Saturday & Sunday they do not work so they start Monday morning again.)

Also it depends where you leave. If you live in Toronto you will get it the same day. If you live outside of Toronto you will most likely get it within 5 business days.
I Plan to Stick Around

I reserved an iphone 4s 16 gb black on Oct 7 in the early morning. It was shipped and delivered on Tues Oct 18. 

Inside was my iphone 4s. Problem was it was locked to ATT.

I got the run around by the store, customer service and online support. I thought I would never get my iphone

I wanted the community to know that Rogers came through for me. I received a call yesterday from the area manager for my city. She apologized and stated that Rogers had not done a good job of sorting this mistake out. She had called the stores in her area and found a replacement for my ATT iphone 4s. She had it made available that same day at the store in Windsor. 

Thanks everyone. Special thanks to RogersAndrew, RogersMelanie and the area manager for listening to my problem and successfully resolving it when no one else would.

jesse168 - reach out to RogersMelanie on Redboard. She may be able to help.

What I learned is that the iphone 4s that was reserved and shipped to a store - becomes a store problem to sort out once they sign for it. There problem is no stock for an immediate replacement. The store rep are in a bind and try and deflect you to customer care on the telephone. It is not a telephone customer care rep or online support problem. The received iphone becomes store stock once recieved and that makes it the resonsibility of the store to come up with a solution. They need to put you on a special list so when a telephone comes available you will be first in line to recieve one. It may be a week or so but you will get one. If the store reps cannot help then speak to the manager. If no luck then the area manager. Remeber the reserve system cannot be reset so you cannot cancel and re-reserve.

If all else fails then start the formal complaint system. It is under the support tab for the Rogers.com web page.

Good Luck jesse168

I Plan to Stick Around

Hey,

I put it through yesterday i was #393 @ 2:00 and now at 11:45 im #380 with it stil "open". Its for a white iphone 16gb , does anyone know how long it will take until its "in progress", This is to be shipped to Mississauga,.

I Plan to Stick Around

I put one in on Wednesday around noon, was almost #900 and last night went into "in progress". Being shipped to Mississauga too, but who knows when it'll arrive!

I'm a Trusted Advisor

It depends when Rogers gets the next shipment of iPhones in each color & size of xxgb. Most likely you will see it go IN PROGRESS next week sometime & then its going to take another 4 days for it to change to shipped since they have to get a ups label & get it ready to ship out. Once it says SHIPPED then it should take 2 -3 days for you to get it. ( mind you ups is closed Saturday & Sunday)
I've Been Here Awhile

markdgal - thank you for your input, glad to hear that you got your phone at last, will try both going back to the store rep and Redboard, what a hassle to get a phone.

I Plan to Stick Around

Just to add to what was previously stated. Once it is shipped it may go to a Rogers affilate's distribution center or head office and this can add a few more days on to the delivery time. It needs to be sorted and then sent to the individual stores. It depends on the store that it is being sent to. If you read the posts here and on Rogers Redboard some of the other stores are named. I used a Rogers Plus and it went directly to the store.

I Plan to Stick Around

They must have gotten some 16GB phones in.  I just dropped 200 places in the queue.  I might get my phone before X-Mas!