cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 4S on reservation

Targetsu
I Plan to Stick Around

When will the iPhone 4S be available on the Rogers online reservation system?

Thanks

-Paul

***edited labels***

1,518 REPLIES 1,518

Re: iPhone 4S on reservation

whab
I've Been Here Awhile

1. Ordered a White 32GB iPhone 4S on Oct 7 around 7AM

2. Jumped from position 402 to position 86 on last Tuesday

3. Moved to "In Progress" last Thursday

4. Received the "Your device has been shipped" email this morning

5. Rogers store (Downtown Montreal) called me around 12pm to tell the iPhone has arrived

6. Picked it up around 5pm and it only took 5mn to activate.

7. Sent my $50 hardware upgrade mail-in rebate through "MyRogers" account.

Overall I've been very satisfied with the reservation process!!! Smiley Very Happy

BRY-TIME
I've Been Around

I submitted my iPhone reservation at 6:00 GMT (8:00 EST) on Oct. 07th.  I started off in position 691 and my position dropped steadily to 144 untill Monday morning my status read "In Progress". It has remained "In Progress fpr the last 2 days now and i've went into the store i am having it delivered to and I was told that the Phones are being sorted one at a time by position and store location. Complete Unorganized Chaos!!!!!!!!!!!!! So angry...... I have a few friends that were further down in line than me that have had the phone for over 2 days now, and even more friends and family that casually walked into different carriers and recieved the phone immedietly. My confidence in Rogers is severly shaken......

Yikes! Yes some rogers stores only have the iPhone 4S through reservation, which is what all the stores in Cambridge are doing 😞

Hopefully I get my phone soon! I am so sick of my crappy blackberry 😞

markdgal
I Plan to Stick Around

I just posted my story about my reserved iphone 4s. It was locked to ATT. I have been told there is nothing that can be done. I need to reserve again. Problem is I cannot even do that. My account will not accept as it states I have one. Store rep. 2 x customer service reps, 2 x technical service reps - All told me there is nothing they can do about the mix up and it is my problem to fix.

Screwed up company!!!

mukica
I Plan to Stick Around

@Markdgal I'm from the GTA. I ordered 16gb white and black on lauch day and my rank was 4383 it dropped very quickly. "In progress" since Sunday. I don't think yours will take long. It should be In progress soon.

If your status is "open,” your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.

If your status is "in progress, we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.

If your status is "shipped" your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose.

Here's an update from RedBoard:

http://redboard.rogers.com/2011/rogers-reservation-system-iphone-4s-update/

Goodluck!Smiley Happy

Waxy
I've Been Here Awhile
Finally got my Phone! I started at #127 for 16gb white in ottawa. Moved up to #42 on oct 10. IN PROGRESS on oct 13. SHIPPED oct 17. Received it oct 18 at noon. Love the new phone 🙂

Tempurabits
I've Been Here Awhile

i ordered a white 32gb and a 16gb at 7:30am on the 7th

it was in progress on the 13th

and just changed shipped on the 17th it said that it has been delivered when i checked on the 18th at like 5pm

i went to the store, they said they havent received it.. 

then they checked ad i have to pay 300 early upgrade fee -.- and since i have reservred 2 phones, to cancel one

i had to call rogers... even though the FAQ said to call the store...

markdgal
I Plan to Stick Around

mukica - I would have re-reserved another iphone 4s BUT the reservation system will NOT allow it. It shows ny account/telephone number already received an iphone 4s. Both Rogers customer care - 3 x reps and a manager and 2 Live onLine support reps state that the reservation system is not their responsiblity and it cannot be accessed, I am stuck without a new iphone 4s. The manager told me to call Apple and get an unlocked phone from them and register it with Rogers. The onLine support rep told to start calling around looking for an extra phone at one of the local stores in Windsor. That was a big failure - none are available anywhere in Windsor.

No one cares at Rogers. The customer is always wrong. The reservation system is a complete mess. No one seems capable of owning up to the problem.

mukica
I Plan to Stick Around

@Markdgal I didn't know about your whole story until went back to you previous posts. I thought the shipment was for the online reservation.  Hopefully you get your phone soon. Smiley Wink

To all you guys who are still "In Progress", my reservation still states "In Progress" online but I have just recieved a call from the store and they now have my white 16gb. Hopefully I get the 2nd phone soon.

I'm from the GTA. I ordered 16gb white and black on lauch day  Oct7th around 10pm EST and my rank was 4383 it dropped very quickly. "In progress" since Sunday October 16th. The store now have the white one and ready for pick up.

Goodluck!

tmoult
I Plan to Stick Around
I just went from 2090 to 643 for an 32gb black 4s... Anyone else experience this? I wonder what the chance is now of receiving this anytime in Vancouver. Still "open" status.

Truth

hg66
I've Been Around

mine just went from 1783 to 35, but its still OPEN...really hope i get it this week

zuluzkiller
I Plan to Stick Around

Here is another example how major failure this reservation system has been. You know all that smaller Rogers wireless stores which to all intend and purpose look like Rogers stored to any customer, have full Rogers branding, sell Rogers services only etc. Well my buddy reserved his iPhone and asked for it  to be shipped to closes store to his home which turns out to be one of those smaller Rogers stores. All beaming with excitement my buddy calls me today and says that he confirmed through UPS tracking number that phone was delivered so let’s go and get it. Off we went and surprise surprise store clerk tells us phone is not here, then she went on to explain that yes phone was delivered but as per procedures it was delivered to their headquarters and it will take few days until it gets shipped here. Dumbfounded my buddy asks, Rogers HQ? and clerk goes oh no we are not Rogers we are company so and so, what about big red sign saying Rogers Wireless on your front door we ask? There was no any other signs identifying this store as anything else as Rogers store. Anyway this company’s HQ is in Sudbury, ON and my buddy in Barrie, ON. Base on UPS tracking phone was shipped from Concord, ON so UPS truck drove past Barrie in order to get to Sudbury – how dumb is that?? This whole process remains me of women going through difficult labour, waiting days and hours until her bundle of joy finally “pops out”.

Tempurabits
I've Been Here Awhile

zuzukiller

wow.. i had the exaact same experience yesterday

they said it'll arrive in a few days..

sarnya
I Plan to Stick Around

I went from the mid 700's to In Progress for a white 32gb this morning.

I'm hoping for it by the weekend or next week at the latest. I hope that's reasonable to assume it'll arrive in that time.

I had the same thing, except they gave the phone away to whoever came into the store before me!  I am furious I spent the time tracking it down only to find out that apparently it's STILL FREE FOR ALL.  What is the point of my reservation?!?!?!  

I am so cancelling my service with Rogers.  this is a waste of time. 

Keener-Alex
I Plan to Stick Around

Threaten to switch to Bell - typically they'll do anything they can to save you as a customer.  I did that and they waived my early upgrade fee of $60.

You'll probably end up with some kind of credit.

Hey markdgal,

I would like to assist you in resolving this. I have sent you a direct message requesting some additional information. You should have a little 1 beside the envelope under the search box, if you could please reply at your earliest opportunity I will do what I can to fix this for you.

Thanks,

@RogersAndrewNP

What is the purpose of the "In-Progress" Status.  What does it mean?

The "Shipped" status means that it's been shipped from Rogers HQ (wherever that is) to your preferred location.

Am I correct?

Some have said that you can get a tracking number when the status is "Shipped" - is this true?

I read one post that their tracking number said it was at the Rogers location, when he went there they told the guy who had it on reservation that they have no more, walk-in customers bought them all...so again, epic fail for the reservation.  Has that happened to anyone else?

I'm "In-progress" now and I'm in London, ON

charleslui
I've Been Around

Went from 1024 to in progress just a few hours ago for a black 32gig.

same, but for a white 16g was at 835 and straight to in progress..