iPhone 4S on reservation

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: iPhone 4S on reservation

I'm still at 919, dropped 20 spots from yesterday but I assume thats from people cancelling after getting their phones this morning.

Sooo...I'm heading out in an hour to wait in line for a phone, most stores I called only seem to have the black 16G (I reserved the white) so I guess I'll have to settle. It's great that lots of people are getting their reserved phones today BUT if Rogers knew they wouldnt be able to ship out every phone on launch day they should have put a cap on how many reservations they would take.

I understand it would be reasonable if this were a regular service already in place, but they launched and promoted this service like you werent going to have to line up at a store in order to be the first ones to have the new phone.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

My iPhone 4S white 16GB is in shipment to my store! Should be there by end of today.. so I'll be paying them a trip soon!!!!! 😄 I"M SO FRIKKKKKKKEN EXCITED AS I"M USING THE 3G whcih is so slow and i had to turn off the location services as it was even worst with it on!!!
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Mine is "In Progress" and I called my store just to double check if they had recieved any reserved devices and they said no.
Oddly enough for the small town I live in they said they had 25 extra... hopefully I can get one by tonight when I'm avaliable to go pick one up FINGERS CROSSED

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Okay I'm trying to make sense of this reservation thing.

I'm number 200 and something.

But, if I go to a store, wait in line and they still have stock of an iPhone...I can get it before someone else on the reservation list that is at position 10 - this doesn't make sense to me.

I thought if a store gets say 10 iPhones....they would contact the top positions on the reservation list to let them know they can come in to get their phones.

No offense but if you're waiting in line at positoin 200 like me - then you shouldn't be able to get a phone at the location you reserved at unless they had 200 phones.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

the never said that they were guaranteed to be there today, just that they were shipping them today. your number isnt going down just from people cancelling, its from peoples statuses changing from a number to "in progress".

Highlighted
I've Been Around

May I ask what you may think silly question - but where on the Rogers site do you actually find the reservation status located? Reserved for 4S very early and see the general link but it is just taking me the Rogers general site.

Have not found anything to tell me "progress" in the reservation system- but looking at comments looks like was simply way for Rogers to grab my money

Sad, sad, Rogers

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I really despise Rogers now.

I decided to go a couple hours early to pick up my phone, as the reservations clearly weren't going to be met today.

Well, I got there 2.5 hours early, I was second in line at the Rogers store, and when I got to the counter, they told me I couldn't have the phone because my monthly plan is under some sort of $55 minimum that they set.

Of course, Rogers Customer Relations never mentioned any sort of required minimum and they told me that I'd be completely fine. They have placed a note in my account saying that I'm eligible for the phone. But apparently this Rogers store has no capability to read notes from Customer Relations and they have some sort of BS $55 minimum, so they wouldn't sell me the phone.

I've Been Around

I was on reservation #1800 and open last night.

I stopped by the store at 9am this morning. No line up, only a couple customers.. picked up a black 32gb on the spot.. no fuss

Highlighted
I've Been Around

reserved a black 32gb 4S - still in progress

walked into the rogers where i wanted to pick up my phone (10 dundas street east).  salesman told me they didnt have iphones for the reserved customers, however they did have some avail for walk ins.  He advised me i could pick up a 32gb black 4S and my $40 fee for reservation would automatically get refunded. Pulled up my account and i walked away with my desired phone within 10 mins. No problems. All this done 9:50am this morning.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

My iPhone 4S is at my store now!! 😄