iPhone 4S on reservation

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: iPhone 4S on reservation

I would like tell all on this forum/board that my email and tracking number came early this morning...my "RESERVED" Iphone 4S Black 16g is already in my city and WILL be at my store for pick TODAY...at my leisure...when I want!!

So to all you people losing your S**T, freaking out, calling newspapers & other media with shouts of conspiracy and fraud...well I guess the crow you will be eating today kinda of makes me smile.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Agreed. Seems like the only thing Rogers was guilty of here was being open. They repeatedly advised that your device will be shipped on launch day. Unfortunately, we all assumed that didn't make any sense, and so we created this mass hysteria. I am partially guilty as well. Either way, looks like I'll be picking up my phone later today, as its at the store waiting. Smiley Very Happy

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

jsmile, i've also got a tracking number with the same Delivery Date and it's on it's way to Vancouver (YVR Airport Richmond UPS Hub). Mine left with a Departure Scan at Concord, Ontario Thursday around 1130pm (PST) which indicates the shipment has left the UPS facility and is on its way to the next UPS facility. Since UPS used the standard shipping it will travel through several UPS facilities throughout the flight. The shipment is moving; however, there will be several days between scans since the shipment is going cross-country or moving between provinces.

Basically, when it arrives here probably Monday or Tuesday since UPS planes don't fly on weekends if they've stopped to another province for pick up, Then they have to sort it again. Since mine is to be picked up at Burnaby, the package has to go to the UPS Burnaby Depot first before it gets scanned again for the Courier Driver to take it to the final destination. If you're pick up is in Vancouver then it will stay at the YVR Richmond UPS Hub and the tracking update HAS to say "Delivery Scan" cause that means the Courier Driver is delivering it to the store you picked.

Hope this info helps since I work at Purolator & My father is a courier for UPS. The Thursday October 20 delivery is actually accurate but big chance it will change at an earlier date like Wed or Tues.

I'm dissapointed also since I want the phone now too. I ordered the White 64gb

Since all the phones came from Ontario. Us on the West side of Canada will get it next week. that's why Ontario people has them today since it takes a couple of hours to deliver to each city in the East

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

lol I ordered a case from Apple, on Oct. 5 schedualed to be delivered today, in anticipation, and according to tracking my iPhone is beating the case. Hopefully it'll make it before I head to work this evening. (fingers crossed Smiley Happy)

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

BTW everyone. You need to buy a new Iphone 4S case.

iPhone 4 cases wont work on the 4S. The volume & silent buttons are a bit lower.

Apple has not said that nor does it show any cases for 4S on apple.ca.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

hmm, anyone have experience of shipping with UPS standard?

mine iphone left Vaughan last night at 20:31 and how long will it take UPS standard to deliver it to Ottawa?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix

Actually the dimmensions are exactly the same as the CDMA iphone 4 on Verision's network

http://www.macrumors.com/2011/10/10/side-by-side-photos-of-iphone-4s-and-iphone-4/

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Yea but i have cases from the ip4 From Rogers & the bottuns are a bit lower. Even the rogers reps said it since they got a email from apple this morning & they even tried about 3 Cases ( new ones) & the volume & silent are a bit lower. Just a tiny bit but u can see it when you put on a case.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Interesting. i'm looking for a leather belt clip case for the 4s. Does Rogers not sell them, or, am I probably going to have to order online through casemate or otterbox?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

If you really need a case there are a number of sites you can order from.

btw if they do not have a 4S option the CDMA (Verizion) options will fit.