cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 4S on reservation

Targetsu
I Plan to Stick Around

When will the iPhone 4S be available on the Rogers online reservation system?

Thanks

-Paul

***edited labels***

1,518 REPLIES 1,518

Re: iPhone 4S on reservation

eurochick
I Plan to Stick Around

Who has the BEST data/voice plan from Rogers?! Just curious to see if I'm getting ripped off Smiley Wink

andrew2012
I Plan to Stick Around

Finally! Just got the shipped email. See...we all freaked out for absolutely no reason! Lol!!

On a separate topic, if I give my blackberry to my wife, who does not currently have a smartphone---but we have a shared data plan, does she now have to get a blackberry plan herself?? I wouldn't think so considering we have a shared data plan.

Anyone know this answer to this??

inferno129
I'm a Reliable Contributor
Ok so this is what happens (with my store at least). Been waiting for 7 hours, employee and manager show up 55 mins early before opening (8am) and write my and 4 others names down so we definately have one and we can wait in the vehicle without standing in line till 8. This Rogers Plus had 12 16GB in stock (3 are white), 10 or so 32GB (all black), and no 64GB at all, and this shipment came early, yesterday, they said at least half the stores will only get them early ~ mid today. They said theres a low chance any stores will get reserved devices in stock for today, they bet mid next week and they will come in a box with YOUR name on it. Reserved devices do not have priority, public ones do, that is what Rogers HQ just said to the manager when someone asked about that. So out of the 12 16GB they had the 3 whites went in seconds, myself and 2 others, and 3 blacks went as well so thats half the 16GB stock taken already. Another plus store further down said they have 17 16GB in stock, colors unknown.

Just putting that out there for info..

Location Winnipeg

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
So I went outside and waited all night to get one from my store. About 8am I get a email it's been shipped and it's being delivered today. I already got mine ( LOVING IT) so I need to call the same store to tell them to so send it back cuz I don't need it anymore. 🙂

jyng
I Plan to Stick Around

For those who got the notification email, was your status changed to in process yesterday or on Sunday/monday?

madmike
I've Been Here Awhile

I would like tell all on this forum/board that my email and tracking number came early this morning...my "RESERVED" Iphone 4S Black 16g is already in my city and WILL be at my store for pick TODAY...at my leisure...when I want!!

So to all you people losing your S**T, freaking out, calling newspapers & other media with shouts of conspiracy and fraud...well I guess the crow you will be eating today kinda of makes me smile.

andrew2012
I Plan to Stick Around

Agreed. Seems like the only thing Rogers was guilty of here was being open. They repeatedly advised that your device will be shipped on launch day. Unfortunately, we all assumed that didn't make any sense, and so we created this mass hysteria. I am partially guilty as well. Either way, looks like I'll be picking up my phone later today, as its at the store waiting. Smiley Very Happy

Argar11
I Plan to Stick Around

jsmile, i've also got a tracking number with the same Delivery Date and it's on it's way to Vancouver (YVR Airport Richmond UPS Hub). Mine left with a Departure Scan at Concord, Ontario Thursday around 1130pm (PST) which indicates the shipment has left the UPS facility and is on its way to the next UPS facility. Since UPS used the standard shipping it will travel through several UPS facilities throughout the flight. The shipment is moving; however, there will be several days between scans since the shipment is going cross-country or moving between provinces.

Basically, when it arrives here probably Monday or Tuesday since UPS planes don't fly on weekends if they've stopped to another province for pick up, Then they have to sort it again. Since mine is to be picked up at Burnaby, the package has to go to the UPS Burnaby Depot first before it gets scanned again for the Courier Driver to take it to the final destination. If you're pick up is in Vancouver then it will stay at the YVR Richmond UPS Hub and the tracking update HAS to say "Delivery Scan" cause that means the Courier Driver is delivering it to the store you picked.

Hope this info helps since I work at Purolator & My father is a courier for UPS. The Thursday October 20 delivery is actually accurate but big chance it will change at an earlier date like Wed or Tues.

I'm dissapointed also since I want the phone now too. I ordered the White 64gb

Since all the phones came from Ontario. Us on the West side of Canada will get it next week. that's why Ontario people has them today since it takes a couple of hours to deliver to each city in the East

AznBill
I Plan to Stick Around

lol I ordered a case from Apple, on Oct. 5 schedualed to be delivered today, in anticipation, and according to tracking my iPhone is beating the case. Hopefully it'll make it before I head to work this evening. (fingers crossed Smiley Happy)

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
BTW everyone. You need to buy a new Iphone 4S case.

iPhone 4 cases wont work on the 4S. The volume & silent buttons are a bit lower.

Apple has not said that nor does it show any cases for 4S on apple.ca.

garrychnca
I Plan to Stick Around

hmm, anyone have experience of shipping with UPS standard?

mine iphone left Vaughan last night at 20:31 and how long will it take UPS standard to deliver it to Ottawa?

AznBill
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix

Actually the dimmensions are exactly the same as the CDMA iphone 4 on Verision's network

http://www.macrumors.com/2011/10/10/side-by-side-photos-of-iphone-4s-and-iphone-4/

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Yea but i have cases from the ip4 From Rogers & the bottuns are a bit lower. Even the rogers reps said it since they got a email from apple this morning & they even tried about 3 Cases ( new ones) & the volume & silent are a bit lower. Just a tiny bit but u can see it when you put on a case.

andrew2012
I Plan to Stick Around

Interesting. i'm looking for a leather belt clip case for the 4s. Does Rogers not sell them, or, am I probably going to have to order online through casemate or otterbox?

AznBill
I Plan to Stick Around

If you really need a case there are a number of sites you can order from.

btw if they do not have a 4S option the CDMA (Verizion) options will fit.

KayWhyJelly
I've Been Here Awhile
Crap, I just ordered cases online and it says 4g/4gs..

SayoSaHa
I've Been Here Awhile

Just picked up mine at bestbuy. There was hardly anyone lined up. Maybe 12 people by 9:30am and they had 60 phones.

AznBill
I Plan to Stick Around

@KayWhyJelly

Well the 4/4S cases usually have a larger cut out to accommodate the shifted silent switch, so it should fit both the iPhone 4 and 4S.

Keener-Alex
I Plan to Stick Around

I cancelled my first reservation becaue I chose the wrong iPhone, when I re-rserved I went from 286 to 1000 exactly, I was pretty pissed at myself.

Every day I've been dropping 10-25 spots on the reservation list, the last time I checked I was 800 and something, this was 2-3 days ago.

I just checked today and I'm 207!!!  Awesome for me but just wondering how it happened!  LOL

Abspatel
I Plan to Stick Around
Just here to chime in on people needing cases, while I patiently wait for the email.

A fantastic maker of customizable skins, glass guards, is Zagg (www.zagg.com). I've had my front invisibleSHIELD on my 3G for 3 years and never once got a scratch, chip, or crack after numerous drops.

I'll probably end up getting the front and back glass protector and a good bumper from elementcase.com

roycer
I Plan to Stick Around

I just picked up my 32gb black 4S at Best Buy. There wasn't much of a line-up but their stock was quite limited. 1 64gb and a few 32gb's. Maybe 10-12 16gb's. The employees had to turn away a customer who PRE-ORDERED because there were no more 64gb's left. Poor guy.

I'll be cancelling my reservation. I'll be needing a new case though as the volume on/off switch is too low for the case on my 4.

Happy shopping everyone!