iPhone 4S on reservation

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Regular

Re: iPhone 4S on reservation

I was 549 and just went to in progress, it was for a 16gb black. I guess they must have a lot in the warehouse afterall.
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Local Rogers Store Say's No iPhone 4s At Opening

I was at #199 and have been "in progress" for three days tii now.

my friend was at #700s and already got notification to grab his 4s after 1pm tomorrow.

I Plan to Stick Around

I called three of the stores in my area and all of them said no reservation phones for tomorrow despite the fact that they got their shipments. This could mean threethings...either they in fact did not get them, they did and refuse to confirm it OR both people I talked to are completely unaware of the reservation system because heir tone implied that hey thought I was asking whether they hold phones for people.

I also live in a small city, so maybe we just won't get reso phones at the same time as everyone else.

I Plan to Stick Around

we'll find out tomorrow
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

This is driving me crazy. I know I'm too old to get this excited about a phone but I want it , want it want it!

I can't wait for my son to go to bed, then I can play some Dead Island and take make frustrations out on some zombies.
I Plan to Stick Around

it is possible that the status didn't change to shipped because they didn't ship the first batch of preorders the way that is going to happen after release.  I would guess that each store got their allotment of X number of phones in a box and then the store received an email or list somehow of which ones to set aside for reservations.  So the phone that is reserved from you was never "shipped" from Rogers directly for you.  It would make sense to do it this way rather than ship a box full of phones to a store for the non reserve customers and then ship individual phones with individual labels for the pre-orders.  The cost and the manpower to do that wold be rediculous! 

The system was probably setup so that when the phone was released from the warehouse for a specific reservation, the shipper would then enter the barcode into the system and the update would then happen. 

I'm no logistics professional, but if they didn't do it this way then maybe I should become one.

I Plan to Stick Around

What a load of crappy crap crap.

I Plan to Stick Around

so far I havent seen anyone  who has 'shipped' under their reservation status.... I was #47 in Toronto...and its been IN PROGRESS for a few days now.

....stupid me for thinking I would actually get it friday.... GO ROGERS GO!!

I Plan to Stick Around

Some people have already recieved calls that their phones are at their current reserved location.

So calm yourself

Juss wait for an email or a call

and if not tomorrow morning call your store and ask

THe status on Rogers site is not accurate

I Plan to Stick Around

I'm not believing this story. Your friend likely was pulling your leg.