iPhone 4S on reservation

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: iPhone 4S on reservation

how long will it take to ship to ottawa?

like is they ship the device tonight will I be able to get it tomorrow in the late afternoon?

since for the ppl who ordered a device previously with rogers and they normally got the device in one day(?)

and rogers says they will ship the device from their warehouse; so they just have one warehouse in toronto or they have several warehouses in different locations?

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Doubt it unless like you said Rogers is changing it to IN PROGRESS so no one waits in line. for all we know by tonight they ship them out & tomorrow morning or afternoon they are at the stores. I wish this can happen tho.

give & take Rogers will most likely ship overnight & next day so they can have the phones at the stores.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

probably several warehouses across the country, but they are shipping them tomorrow

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

has anyone receieved an email yet with shipping information?

to respond to the question about getting 1000 phones today... I have no doubt they would have received 1000. They probably received several thousand today.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I was number 7 for the 32gb black and mine has said "In Progess" since Sunday. 

My guess is they will not ship out a couple phones to a certain area until they build enough to have it shipped.  It would be a major waste of cost to ship to the same area multiple times a week.  They may be building the stock for every area before it actually ships out and that is why it is stuck in the "In Process" phase.  They would package different models in the same shipment so as they go through by shipment area, they would build the pallet with what needs to be sent.  Once that pallet is filled they would probably ship out.  If you live in a desolate area it may take longer before they send out as it would not be cost efficient to send out a couple phones as it would be to wait until they have enough SKU size to ship it out all at once. 

This means they will probably wait until the very last minute to ship everything out and those of you who do not live in major urban areas may be waiting longer.  I've been working in warehousing for quite some time and this is how most business would handle shipments.  So it will probably remain "In Progress" until they have enough to fill their shipment size to ship out.  Sending half a box or pallet or whatever configuration they may use would be ineffective cost-wise.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

No one has received the email yet. YOU only get a email when it changes to SHIPPED.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

if it ships out today destined for Ottawa, you would see it by tomorrow no problem.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

They have several regional warehouses, at least one per major province, and probably 1 for the Maritimes which may be shared with Quebec.

If a phone is shipped today, it will be in the store tomorrow, unless you live in a really remote area.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Yes. The phone will most likely be at the store by tomorrow since they will most likely use Overnight shipping & next day.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

need to be able to do a poll on here, so we can see of what was ordered the most