iPhone 4S on reservation

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: iPhone 4S on reservation

highly doubt that heyyoudvd, imo they will ship out today at 4pm for arrival at most stores tomorrow morning. They have waited for devices to be received from apple and processing them as they unpack. Now today is crunch time where they will be shipping them to the stores for tomorrows launch. thats my opinion anyways. but what do I know 😉
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

I'm 896 right now, if I change my pick up location will that affect my place in line?

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

A campout would be a bad idea IMHO. Rogers said from the start that reservations get priority (probably within a limit) and the rep I spoke with was confident the majority, if not all, stock would be dedicated to reserves.

That makes sense to me rather than doing a split reserve/retail stock. The reserve system would eliminate the need for lineups and it seems reasonable they would want to put emphasis on that. Even without the reservation system, lining up didn't guarantee you a phone even if you were first in line. If they didn't receive stock that day, there's no phones to sell...

I'm remaining positive about getting my phone tomorrow. "3-5 days" for shipping is a standard disclaimer. It's likely shipping will happen that day and be received in store shortly thereafter or early the next morning.

my 2 cents.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I think you're right. The shipping process likely works its way from the inside out. In other words, it starts with the immediate vicinity, and works it's way outward to the other cities/provinces. So, the closer you live to the warehouse, the more likely it is you'll receive your phone faster.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Shipping by air. How does it work? 😉
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Once it ships, it should arrive next day. Even when I ship something via UPS/FedEx/Puro Ground service to Prince George (From Vancouver) it arrives the next day. And Prince George is about a 12 hour drive from here.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Yay! Down another 100 spots to 930, but still open 🙂

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I was at 2306 last night.
I'm at 2301 now. So calm down everyone. It could be worse. You could be me 😛
I've Been Here Awhile

I set my reservation for a 32G 4S around 9am on the 7th .. on the Monday I went from 1238 to 793 .. and have been sitting there for 4 days.  I live in Northern Ontario, so the phone would be getting shipped from Toronto.  I am not sure how confident I am in getting my phone tomorrow morning, or even tomorrow afternoon.

Thoughts?

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

My status still shows as "OPEN"..