iPhone 4S on reservation

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: iPhone 4S on reservation

It is true tho. Think about it. the people that have the Status IN PROGRESS DO NOT HAVE a number. That number goes to the people that have the status OPEN.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

my position was #73 for 16gb White, and as of monday my status went from open to in Progress.. and it's still in progress...

i really don't know the criteria for the shippment, comparing to the other cases we see here, is not making any sense

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Was at 588 this morning for Black 16GB

Just changed to "In Progress"

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Hey guys,

I work with a warehouse in logistics every day, and hopefully my experience can help explain some part of the system for you.

When we drop orders to the warehouse, they pick them and pack them and then print the ship labels for the chosen courier (Fedex, UPS, Puro, whatever). Now, even if the order is picked, packed and ready to leave the warehouse by 10am, the shipment doesn't show as active in our system until it is picked up by the chosen service. Fedex, for example, picks up at 4pm for us. So regardless if the shipment is finished at 10am, or 3:59pm, it will still show as being picked until Fedex scans it in to their system.

So more than likely, they're grinding away on as many RESERVED phones as possible today for a drop shipment that will leave the warehouse at the end of the day today, for delivery to stores tomorrow morning. 

The reason it's taking so long, is because each pick ticket is for 1 phone, for 1 reservation. They probably pick the regular store orders first, because it's for multiple phones that can all be filled on one pick ticket.  It's "easier" for the warehouse to do those first, because the guy can take one box, and fill it with several phones at once.  As opposed to getting the pick ticket for the reserved phone, packing one phone, sealing it, filing the ticket for that one phone, and entering it in to the shipping system. It's more efficient to pack the large orders first.  All the packing and filing takes longer than the picking.

Hpefully this information has been helpful.

I would imagine people who have a low number in the reservation system will have their phones arrive tomorrow.

They'll probably ship out with the last trucks from the warehouse tonight. And even if they don't, they'll probably use a sameday courrier tomorrow.  I used to work at Future Shop back in the day, and we used to get same-day drop shipments on release days.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Woot.. went from 1313 to in progress.

Theres light at the end of the tunnel
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Nothing happening with the white 32gb... I dropped 2 places in the last hour... come on 2789!

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

This is so frustrating! How can people on the thousands be moving to "in progress" and ive sat at 230 for three days.  If your status has changed would you mind putting what model youve ordered so we can all get an idea of whats going on?  Maybe the 32g black will start to move shortly, fingers crossed!

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Since all these people are dropping in number I'm starting to feel more confident that I won"t have to wait so long for my phone.

I'm curious if anyone with a Black 32G has dropped recently?? I'm still hanging on tight at #27 and open...

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Hey guys,

I work with a warehouse in logistics every day, and hopefully my experience can help explain some part of the system for you.

When we drop orders to the warehouse, they pick them and pack them and then print the ship labels for the chosen courier (Fedex, UPS, Puro, whatever). Now, even if the order is picked, packed and ready to leave the warehouse by 10am, the shipment doesn't show as active in our system until it is picked up by the chosen service. Fedex, for example, picks up at 4pm for us. So regardless if the shipment is finished at 10am, or 3:59pm, it will still show as being picked until Fedex scans it in to their system.

So more than likely, they're grinding away on as many RESERVED phones as possible today for a drop shipment that will leave the warehouse at the end of the day today, for delivery to stores tomorrow morning.

The reason it's taking so long, is because each pick ticket is for 1 phone, for 1 reservation. They probably pick the regular store orders first, because it's for multiple phones that can all be filled on one pick ticket. It's "easier" for the warehouse to do those first, because the guy can take one box, and fill it with several phones at once. As opposed to getting the pick ticket for the reserved phone, packing one phone, sealing it, filing the ticket for that one phone, and entering it in to the shipping system. It's more efficient to pack the large orders first. All the packing and filing takes longer than the picking.

Hpefully this information has been helpful.

I would imagine people who have a low number in the reservation system will have their phones arrive tomorrow.

They'll probably ship out with the last trucks from the warehouse tonight. And even if they don't, they'll probably use a sameday courrier tomorrow. I used to work at Future Shop back in the day, and we used to get same-day drop shipments on release days.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I was at 1192 this morning for 16gb black and am now in progress.