iPhone 4S on reservation

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: iPhone 4S on reservation

Wow Im surprised that 25 still says open, I live in Toronto and I am 19 with the white 16gb 4s, and it says in progress... :S
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Most likely our phones will be shipped either tonight or tomorrow & we are able to get them Late tomorrow night or Monday.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

I was looking through my text messages and rogers sent me one on Sept 23 stating:

"As a valued customer, we want to let you know that we have the Rogers Reservation System. This means you could be one of the first in line in Canada for the next iPhone as soon as it's available!"

Hmm.. that's b.s. because the first in line are going to be the ones camped out in front of the stores with NO reservation.

False advertising? Or in saying "Could be" they are not promising anything thus getting them off the hook.

Either way, its sad of Rogers to operate this way. I like the idea of not having people have to wait outside the stores, but seriously, get your PR heads out from your bottoms and toss us a fricken bone!

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

I just talked to the rogers store i have my pickup location as.  The rep told me they do have a small number of phones ready for tomorrow.  None of those are for the reservation customers and as far as she knows that will be a totally different stock shipment.  She has no idea when the reservation phones will begin to show up.  What the heck is the point of the reservation list if we still have to camp out to try and get a phone in the first few weeks. Arg!

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

if your phone is reserved then you DO NOT have to camp out, thats the point. you only have to camp out to get it tomorrow.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Exactly, so in reserving through Rogers, we aren't technically the first in line in Canada...
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Mark, when did your progress change from open to in progress? 19 to 25 is not that much of a difference!
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@wookie if they are being shipped on friday, its unlikely that we will be getting them on friday

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

WE are most likely getting them Monday or Tuesday.

Lets hope Rogers ships them out tonight & lets hope we can get them Tomorrow.

Really doubt it tho. 😞
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Just spoke to my rogers store rep about reservation vs lineup. He recommended that if you reserved, just wait for the call. He's been told that all the stock being shipped is ALL reserves and if you line up to buy retail, you'll be disappointed to find out there are none available. He strongly recommended NOT lining up, even if you didn't reserve.

I'm sitting in the 1250 queue range and he was very surprised and positive about me getting a phone in the near future. People are now in the 15000 range with a "fallout" (or something) status meaning Rogers is sure there won't be a phone available for a while. As of 10:30am thursday, the store I chose for my pickup doesn't have any phones. The rep said that Apple is being secretive about shipment quantities for some reason, maybe to keep expectations low?

Either way, I'm going to wait patiently for a call from my store. I'd be willing to bet there's a phone with my name on it before I get an email from Rogers. All my info is from this rep, however... he seemed quite sure about the facts though. I'd say not to line up.

r.