iPhone 4S on reservation

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Re: iPhone 4S on reservation

Urgh, I've read this thread for days now and I'm still no further than I was at the beginning! lol

When I reserved my Black 16GB iPhone 4S last Friday at approximately 6:20am EST, I started at position 598, then dropped to 588, then on Saturday I dropped 163 places to 425 and since then I've dropped and am currently at 410... I have NO idea if I'm going to get my phone tomorrow, but I'm seriously doubting it.

I would have thought that even my original place of 598 would have had good chances of getting the phone tomorrow...

I just wish Rogers could be even slightly more clear about all this...

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Device Reservation does NOT guarantee a delivery on launch day. It simply guarantees a phone is set aside for you.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

So as what She said means that IF the status is IN PROGRESS or SHIPPED they both mean that they are being shipped to the store :/.. Whats the point of the SHIPPED status then if IN PROGRESS means the same thing? either she makes no sense or i am not reading it right.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Pretty sure the difference is this: when your status reads "in progress", the shipment process has started. When your status reads "shipped", your phone is at the store. Again, it could take up to 4 business days for it to be delivered to the store. Therefore, using simple math, if my "in progress" status was shown as of last Sunday, I would assume the phone will be delivered or "shipped" on Friday.  (Sunday--Friday, including the holiday Monday = 4 business days).

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Yea that is what i have been thinking.

BUT when i called a few Rogers stores they said they did not receive any Nation wide reservation phones that are reserved to the stores. They ONLY have devices for the launch. That is the reason why i am lost.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I agree, I think shipped means it has been received at the store.

In the end, I have zero faith in Rogers on this. My buddy got his 4s from Apple last night. He was so excited until he noticed that it was a 32 when he ordered a 64.

Apple has sent an email to his closest store (he was cc'd) telling them to reserve his and not to make him stand in line. Plus they are giving him a $100 itunes card.

Rogers: see how Apple treats their customers?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

i would almost gaurantee from reading everything that unless you line up at a store, you will NOT get your phone tomorrow. as they keep saying that they will be shipped on friday. as well, shipped probably means "in transit" and not that its at the store, since we were told we would get an email when its there.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@smiley10070----so if what you're saying is true, then those of us who have the "in progress" status should receive our phones next Wednesday?? (4 business days from launch date= Oct.19)

The only real reason I can see for Rogers creating this reservation list to begin with, is so that each store doesn't have a billion people waiting in line. In other words, it creates less stress for the in-store staff on launch day.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

that would make sense, so that all these people that "reserve" dont sit out there waiting for their phone. because they know that there will be one waiting for them. then there will be less dissapointment and less people sitting out front.

I've Been Here Awhile

Okay so I just called my Local Rogers Store only to find out that the UPS guy has come and gone and they have no Iphone 4S's. This online reservation system should be more clear as to what it suggests. Normally when people reserve something, i.e. video games they are not just given away to someone else that shows up at the store. I am number 36 nationwide in position, and its going to be kind of silly when my friend who is number 1434 is able to get his tomorrow and I am not. Anyone one else feel like they are going to be waiting longer than just a few days for this phone after lauch ?