iPhone 4S on reservation

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: iPhone 4S on reservation

that was for meowmix...sorry for the typewritting errors...
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Just got off the phone with my store as well, and they said they have stock for people that are going to the store, but not reservation people yet 😞

We'll see when we get our "shipped" e-mails....

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Yea the same here. I just called another store & they said that they have not yet received any stock of iPhones's but they also said that the warehouse is going to ship out the reservation ones on Friday. That is what he was told he said.

They also told me that if you go outside & wait for one & get it at launch & then yours comes to the store & you call & tell them you do not want it anymore, you will not get your $40 back 😕 This is not making any sense. Rogers either has **bleep**ed up or reps are lost.

EDIT. Just called about 7 other Rogers plus stores & they all told me the same thing. None of them have gotten any phones for the reservation list but they have received phones for the launch 😕 I thought that we are supposed to get them during the launch as well? 3 stores told me that the people on the reservation list will have to wait a week to get theirs. This is so dumb.

I'm Here A Lot

I've now moved up from 1100 to 1078 (OPEN)  in the past few days for the 32GB in black. ugh... this whole patience thing is no fun 😞 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Just as a reminder, a redboard Rogers rep has repeatedly told us that the "reserve" list is not actually a reservation. It's simply a guarantee you will receive your phone---at some point. All shipments sent to the store tomorrow are likely indeed for "walk-ins", and just like the "reserve" list, it'll be first come, first serve. No priority to those of us who reserved it. So, as much as I'm hoping for a phone tomorrow, based on what everyone has said and combined with how Rogers describes it, we're likely NOT getting the phone until sometime next week. I'll be surprised if we do.

On a side note, the "device reservation" button should actually be called: "secure your device".

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

...was also told that there are 2 separate lists for each store from the warehouse: one for the normal everyday shippments, and one for the reservations. Who knows when the reservation shippment is actually shipped!

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I just called the store that I sent my reserved device to. Currently they have no phones whether for the reserve list or walkin in the store...I'm going to have to start exploring other optionsn if I wish to have my fun for tomorrow 😞

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Chances are, the shipments are probably sent at some crazy hour---like 3am and ready for a 10am opening! Either way, it is very frustrating not knowing!!

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

I hope those chances are high. Talked to a few people & they all said that we are most likely going to get them after a week. ( no i can't pick up the phone next week unless i cancel my flight & put it on another date) Lets hope ours get shipped out Tonight if possible & get them either Tomorrow or Saturday.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Here's what RogersMelanie says about the status updates and cancellations: (www.redboard.rogers.com)

RogersMelanie says: October 13, 2011 at 8:04 am

Hey there, once your order status is “in progress,” or “shipped” your order is on its way to the store and the location can’t be changed. That said, the store will hold your device for up to 18 days. This allows up to four days for delivery and two weeks for you to pick it up. If you cannot make it to the store within this time frame, call the store to make alternate arrangements – Alternate arrangements are at the store’s discretion. And if this still doesn’t work for you, you are able to cancel the order by calling the store to say you’re no longer interested and the $40 reservation fee will be credited back