cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 4S on reservation

Targetsu
I Plan to Stick Around

When will the iPhone 4S be available on the Rogers online reservation system?

Thanks

-Paul

***edited labels***

1,518 REPLIES 1,518

Re: iPhone 4S on reservation

Donelop
I've Been Around

So what's the best thing to do on Friday? I have a iPhone 4S 64GB reserved in the 500 range so should I still camp outside a Rogers store at 5AM? What happens if I don't have one reserved?

inferno129
I'm a Reliable Contributor

If your reservation don't say "in progress" then go camp a Rogers/Apple store, only cancel when you get the device and if you don't get one then don't cancel it..

IwantThe4S
I Plan to Stick Around

ur 500 and still open status. if u want it THAT BAD on day one. i would get my camping gear, food, water and other shiiz ready and camp !

KMM
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks for your input guys.  I won't be able to wait in line on Friday, I have patients first thing in the morning....booo.   At least I have the 3Gs so it's not too terribly slow.  My boyfriend has the 3G and it is painful to use.  Enjoy your new phones...whenever you get them!  

MX
I Plan to Stick Around
dudes its obvious that whoever has IN PROGRESS in their preorder status already got their iphone shipped out. For me i was number 20 and i was inprogress on monday. It said up to 4 days to ship so its gonna be in my store on friday.
Inprogress means it started the shipping process since you can't change ur store location anymore. So whoever got inprogress on monday they gonna get it friday, if you got it today than maybe monday next week

Nezart
I Plan to Stick Around
its obvious that American service providers must come into canada so Rogers has to take its head out of its **bleep**.

friesenjohnny
I've Been Around
#1997 status open. St. Thomas, ON. I hope they order enough in. My iPhone 3GS (iOS5) is sold and getting picked up on the 14th.

maxhigh
I've Been Around

I started at #58 for the 64GB Black 4s.  And now I'm down to 37 with an OPEN status. 

nbrick
I've Been Here Awhile

I just spoke to the store where I am directing my 4S tomorrow, and the guy there told me that 99% of the stock they are receiving is earmarked for the reservation system. I wondered what was keeping them from selling these reserved devices on the open market - he said they don't get paid unless the phone are specifically sold to the reserver. He expected to have the first shipment for his opening tomorrow, with a second shipment in 1-2 weeks.

I see this as good news. I suspect that even though my status is still showing as "open", there will be a phone there for me. Perhaps they are having a hard time reconciling the store batches with individual reservations, or they simply want to mobilize their stock before updating status messages. If you think about it, it would be better to underpromise at this point rather than set anyone up for disappointment (which wouldn't be very hard!)

About my order:

Model: black 16 GB

Initial spot last Friday morning: 315

Now: 147 (Open)

Good luck!

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Just called my store here in Scarborough, ontario & they said that they have gotten the shipments of iPhones 4S but none of them are the ones that are supposed to be for the reservation people. ( i am one of them) So this is really ticking me off.

andrew2012
I Plan to Stick Around

Remember, the official tagline is that it could "take up to 4 days". I'm in the same boat as you---my reservation has been "in progress" since last Sunday. In progress means that the shipment process has begun. Therefore, if you do the math, 4 (business) days from last Sunday is this Friday. I'm still holding out for mine for tomorrow here in Ottawa! 🙂

teddy_ruppin
I've Been Here Awhile
why are you staying with rogers anyway since you are leaving the country for two month. don' know where you re heading of but you should know phone bill are lot higher in canada then most countries in the world should have take a unlocked phone and go form there...

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Honestly i hope you are right. But if it was shipped out would it not say SHIPPED? Also the store i reserved it too said then ONLY received iPhone's for upgrades & new activations. None of them are for people that reserved it. If i have not heard anything till tonight ill just camp it outside the store.

Well i am buying the phone & since i am going to Greece i already have a phone to use up there. I switch phones when i get up there. My contract is ending on Oct 26th so that is why i am doing it this way. I am leaving the sim down here & once i get up to Greece i am going to activate a new line with vodaphone with another phone my cousin has that i can use on that network.

that was for meowmix...sorry for the typewritting errors...

LastEmperor7
I Plan to Stick Around

Just got off the phone with my store as well, and they said they have stock for people that are going to the store, but not reservation people yet 😞

We'll see when we get our "shipped" e-mails....

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Yea the same here. I just called another store & they said that they have not yet received any stock of iPhones's but they also said that the warehouse is going to ship out the reservation ones on Friday. That is what he was told he said.

They also told me that if you go outside & wait for one & get it at launch & then yours comes to the store & you call & tell them you do not want it anymore, you will not get your $40 back 😕 This is not making any sense. Rogers either has **bleep**ed up or reps are lost.

EDIT. Just called about 7 other Rogers plus stores & they all told me the same thing. None of them have gotten any phones for the reservation list but they have received phones for the launch 😕 I thought that we are supposed to get them during the launch as well? 3 stores told me that the people on the reservation list will have to wait a week to get theirs. This is so dumb.

I've now moved up from 1100 to 1078 (OPEN)  in the past few days for the 32GB in black. ugh... this whole patience thing is no fun 😞 

andrew2012
I Plan to Stick Around

Just as a reminder, a redboard Rogers rep has repeatedly told us that the "reserve" list is not actually a reservation. It's simply a guarantee you will receive your phone---at some point. All shipments sent to the store tomorrow are likely indeed for "walk-ins", and just like the "reserve" list, it'll be first come, first serve. No priority to those of us who reserved it. So, as much as I'm hoping for a phone tomorrow, based on what everyone has said and combined with how Rogers describes it, we're likely NOT getting the phone until sometime next week. I'll be surprised if we do.

On a side note, the "device reservation" button should actually be called: "secure your device".

andrew2012
I Plan to Stick Around

...was also told that there are 2 separate lists for each store from the warehouse: one for the normal everyday shippments, and one for the reservations. Who knows when the reservation shippment is actually shipped!

sarana
I Plan to Stick Around

I just called the store that I sent my reserved device to. Currently they have no phones whether for the reserve list or walkin in the store...I'm going to have to start exploring other optionsn if I wish to have my fun for tomorrow 😞

andrew2012
I Plan to Stick Around

Chances are, the shipments are probably sent at some crazy hour---like 3am and ready for a 10am opening! Either way, it is very frustrating not knowing!!