iPhone 4S on reservation

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: iPhone 4S on reservation

im in shock that this topic has had ZERO mentions from offical reps...its by far the MOST active in a while...do they just skip this cuz they dont wanna get flammed? or are they as clue less as we are...?

on a funny note, i dailed 611 ONLY TO ASK if  the 2 $ off my bill if i take the paper less option is actually given to charity and guess what...."call failed" lulz

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

The simple unified answer is on the FAQ.  If the rep can do it and you can do it, then you have the same information.  It's up to you to decide who's right.  From personal experience, I'd trust myself rather than varying answers from varying reps.  I'm sure the admins aren't posting because they know as much as we do as well.  

I take this from experience with my own company, who ships and receives stuff with UPS and Purolator on a regular basis.  These couriers usually deliver stuff first thing in the morning (UPS), or late morning/noon (Purolator), and will come back to pick up anything that needs to be picked up at the end of the day.  If we put in an order during the day for a delivery to be picked up, then they come back and pick up at the end of the day, and depending on the service we chose, it takes 1-4 days for the delivery to reach it's destination.  

What does this mean to US, the people?!?

The FAQ states:

-"OPEN" - "awaiting product from supplier".  This means they don't have your phone in their warehouse yet.  So if your status is still "Open" then they don't have your phone yet and there is nothing to ship.  So if you want to make changes to your order, you can.  

-"IN PROGRESS" - "we have begun the shipment progress."  This means they've got your phone in the warehouse, are unpacking skids, going through the receiving process, counting what they've received, reallocating quantities of phones to match store orders, printing up packing slips and labels, labelling, and loading skids.  This is the shipment process.    This is why you can't change your order any more.  They've filled it and are preparing to ship it out.  Once they've received your phone at the warehouse, it would cause such a disruption to to the "shipment process" to cancel an order; it's easier to just do it through the store, hence that rule.  The warehouse is probably receiving shipments from Apple on a daily basis right now, and they will probably wait as long as they can to receive as many phones as they can from Apple, and send out as many phones as they can to the stores.  So if this is your status, then your phone is in the warehouse and they will probably ship it out to your store at three possible times: Thursday some time (maybe, probably not),  Friday morning (possibly), or Friday end of day (most likely).

-"SHIPPED" -  "your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose."  Self explanatory; everyone is happy to see this.

Once it's SHIPPED, expect one of the following scenarios:

#0.  Ships out Thursday morning, they receive it Thursday afternoon - Earliest pick up would be Friday anyway, since that is the announced released day.

#1.  Ships out Thursday end of day, they receive it Friday morning - will take time to unpack, and be ready  to pick up Friday morning or afternoon some time.

#2.  Ships out Thursday end of day, they receive it Friday late afternoon - will take time to unpack, and MAY be ready before Friday close.

#3.  Ships out Thursday end of day, they receive it Friday late afternoon - will take time to unpack, and be ready to pick up Saturday or Sunday (depending on location of store, like in a mall, and store hours).

#4.  Ships out Friday morning - earliest they could receive it would be Friday afternoon - see Scenarios #1, #2 and #3.

#5.  Ships out Friday end of day - they receive it Monday - see Scenarios #1, #2, or #3 but replace "Friday" with "Monday"....and so on with the days.

I think Scenarios #4 and #5 are most likely, with odds weighted towards #5.  But hey, I would LOVE to be wrong!  🙂

Keep in mind that if you don't care about waiting in line and don't care about having the phone by Friday, but your status says "In Progress," then there is probably a good chance you'll be able to get your device by Saturday or Sunday, but most likely Monday to Wednesday without any hassle!  Personally, I'd rather not wait in a line for hours!  The only thing I'd wait in line for is if George Lucas releases a super special limited edition Blu-Ray collection of the ORIGINAL, untouched, unmodified Star Wars Trilogy.  For that I would....but one can always dream....

Now let's get some sleep people!  😄

I think some of you are on RFD too, so I'm gonna cut 'n' paste this over there too...

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

THIS is what ive been looking for the past week...thank you xD

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Thank you for that 🙂 I now know what is going on. Why not a Rogers rep say that tho? Its like Rogers does not give 2 **bleep**s about us. HMMMM...

With this info you gave us i am thnking the same as you are 🙂 No need to wait outside in the poring rain ( here in Toronto) Just wait to get your phone. I just hope for my sake i can get it before i leave sat night. ( Sat morning i hope i can get it the latest.)
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Meowmix, Rogers reps don't say this because they honestly probably don't know.  This is only my approximation, but it comes from experience with shipping and receiving.  

Also, I don't remember if you said you are leaving THIS Saturday, Oct.15, or NEXT Saturday, Oct.22?

From my other experiences with receiving online orders, my advice is this:  If you are leaving THIS Saturday, and you DON'T receive your SHIPPED notice by the end of the day on Thursday, I would think about lining up then.  In other words, I would prepare tonight for lining up tomorrow night or EARLY Friday morning, either at a Rogers store or at an Apple store.  If you are going to line up at a Rogers store, call around tomorrow to find out which Rogers stores are getting shipments for sure.  Sometimes, smaller stores fly under the radar and have less people lined up for them.  Last year, my mother was at a small Rogers store that no one really knows physically exists.  Around 9am in the morning, she was the second car there, and third in line.  She got two iPhone Fours.

If you are leaving NEXT Saturday, Oct. 22, then I wouldn't worry.  

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Here's hoping for scenarios #0 or #1.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

lol let's hope so AznBill
I've Been Around

So what's the best thing to do on Friday? I have a iPhone 4S 64GB reserved in the 500 range so should I still camp outside a Rogers store at 5AM? What happens if I don't have one reserved?

Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

If your reservation don't say "in progress" then go camp a Rogers/Apple store, only cancel when you get the device and if you don't get one then don't cancel it..

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

ur 500 and still open status. if u want it THAT BAD on day one. i would get my camping gear, food, water and other shiiz ready and camp !