iPhone 4S on reservation

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: iPhone 4S on reservation

I've Been Here Awhile

I reserve mine it was #723  now 600 for a iphone 4s white still open

I've Been Around

I don't normally post, just like to follow along with what everyone else is saying but I just found something out that might pi** everyone off, including me.  I just went to a Rogers auth'd store in the mall near my work where I wanted my RESERVED phone shipped too.  I am from Vancouver and woke up at 3:00am last Friday and got #149 in line for a 32GB White Iphone 4S.  On Monday my status finally changed from dropping down to 98 to IN PROGRESS and it's been sitting there since. I spoke with a rep at the store playing dumb to see if I should just "pop in" on Friday to pick up my reserved phone.  He told me that Rogers is not shipping the phones out until this Friday!!!!  Im not sure if he meant reserved phones are shipping out that day or ALL iphones are but this really pi**es me off.  Why wait till midnight, only to find out the site is down and then have to wake up at 3am and RESERVE a phone.  Me being #149 in Canada i would ASSUME that since there are over 250 Rogers stores that I would be top 3 people for SURE at my selected location in line. So if this is to eliminate line ups why did they charge the $40 fee to reserve a phone and it's sounding like we WONT be the first to get one???  Has anyone else heard anything like this?  unless I see my status changed to SHIPPED tomorrow morning then it's safe to assume we're not getting our RESERVED phones on launch day.  Now if i decide to wait in line on Friday they will say I can't get one as mine is still on order?  how does this work?  Funny how this thread is ON THE ROGERS SITE, yet I haven't seen any Rogers employees chiming in to clarify things either way.  and i KNOW that there are people that follow these threads so when you read this DO SOMETHING PLEASE

I Plan to Stick Around

@ ryaneh

If you want to be the first in Canada to get it, then go line up at any of the stores getting them.  If they have the one you want then you can get it.  After that, call the store where you made your reservation and tell them you won't need to pick it up anymore since you have 18 days to pick it up anyway.  Then you'll also get your $40 reservation fee back.  But if the store you went to go line up at DOESN'T have it, then you can be reassured knowing your reservation is still coming to the store, whence you can do your pickup.

OR, if you don't care about being the first to get it, and you don't care about lining up, you can rest assured knowing that you will be getting one for sure in a reasonable time (2-4 days after shipping) because you have one reserved for you.

Really, it's a win-win situation for us who made reservations, especially those that did so at a very early time.  Plus, we get to do better things with our lives than wait in line for a ridiculous amount of time.

Many people who didn't make the reservation and are going to line up will be sorely disappointed when they get in but find out the model they wanted is not in stock, and won't be for a few weeks.  

I've Been Around

I Plan to Stick Around

I agree with Emperor, I know we are all excited and quite in the dark about what is going on with the number system and reservation system's inner workings, we have OUR phones reserved and they will come.. if noone has received a phone on Friday then complain and jam Rogers phone lines and get answers, but noone is receiving a phone until the 14th!!! Relax for now!!
I Plan to Stick Around

Ok now my reservation number went from 267 to 275??? why did it go up?

I Plan to Stick Around

Jduke...Rogers is messing with your head. haha
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@ ryaneh:

I am completely agree with you. I mean this is a Rogers Community Forums after all, shouldn't at lease ONE consumer representative from Rogers tries to explain whats going on. At lease tell us rather the iPhone will be shipped on Friday or not. If they just tell us that, It can gives us a idea when we can actually receive the shipment.
I Plan to Stick Around

If anyone in Sask has reserved an iPhone 4s whreabouts are u in line? I see peepz from ON and BC posting. Would like to know where others are in SK?