iPhone 4S on reservation

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: iPhone 4S on reservation

Sarana that is too bad that someone told u that ur phone would be there on Launch Day... I am not sure why they would as the FAQ says the opposite, for the online Device Reservation system...
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

cscofficer2004

ordered an iPhone 4s 64GB BLACK -

I was #143 on Friday at 6:05am and now i'm #120 OPEN status ....

If this is a national number, it's pretty sad that those numbers haven't shipped.  Rogers couldn't buy 1000 iPhones of each model nationally?

and why is Rogers so darn secretive of how all this works?  like really!!

----

Read my post above. The more i look at this secretiveness, the more i realize this pre order thing was just a way for rogers to tie in curstomers into placing orders and get in queue, rather than a way for them to facilitate a first come first serve basis fair system. Lines seem to be moving disproportionately, only less than the top 100 in queue seem to be able to be getting phones for launhc. Across 6 lines, that means if you're 100 for a specific phone, that is approx 600 phones. I find it hard to believe rogers got only 600 for the launch of a new phone. I was under the impression the reservation system was the preferred method of getting phones, rogers would tell everyone to get in queue, and as they ship hpoens to stores, your number will come up. It would seem rogers has locked in its customers in a way, and will probably be sending disproportionately high number of phones to stores. i'm # 500ish, and the way the line is moving i doublt i'm getting my phone before a months time.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

wooo just dropped from 163 to 162 im moving... lmaoSmiley Surprised

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I placed my reservation at 6 est and was 182. I am now 135 and my status is still open.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Forgot to say I reserved a black 32gb.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I was told by a Rogers rep that they have divided their stock - half for the reservation system and half for store sales.  This was due to the fact that they advertised the reservation system so aggressively. I hope she was right. What she couldn't confirm was when the reserved phones would actually get shipped. I'm confident I'll get my phone within a few days of the 14th at the latest, but not counting on getting it right on the 14th.

I'm now number 119 for a black 32 GB still in OPEN status. 

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I reserved later in the morning on friday and got position #572 for a white 64gb. Over the week I dropped about 20 spots until yesterday morning I dropped another 300 to position #260. I assume the first few were due to cancelled reservations, while the big drop was due to a number of phones being shipped. I find it hard to believe there are only 300 of that particular model available to Rogers for all of Canada on launch day.
I'll be camping outside the rogers store on campus here, watching netflix on my laptop all night, in order to get one on launch day. If for some stupid reason I can't get one, well at least I'd still have a reservation...

On a side note, I have 8 months left on my current contract, meaning I should have to pay 2 months for early upgrade. However, when I stopped by a Rogers Store, I was told that I don't have to pay any early upgrade fees(something I won't argue about), but that the price of a 64gb phone is $419... minus a $50 credit, making it $369, plus the standard $35 admin fee for renewing a contract.
A close look at the prices here (http://www.rogers.com/web/content/iphone4s) reveal the qualifier "As low as..." before each price. So this means that Rogers is charging $50 more than other carriers, and in turn giving a $50 rebate... wow... do people fall for this malarky?
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I think they have more in stock at the warehouse, not just those units that are "IN PROGRESS". I think they just delay us (the people that are still "OPEN") to create a demand... but for what purpose I do not understand...
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

If mine has not changed from IN PROGRESS to SHIPPED tonight I will be pissed & i will also wait outside & get one from the store. If i can not get one at least i have the reservation as a back up.

My status has been IN PROGRESS since Sunday afternoon (1pm). That is 2 days for them to get everything ready & have it been shipped out by tonight. Lets hope so.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I am going to line up anyways... don't think Rogers will release 500 units in a night... I am at #497 right now... Meowmix I hope you get your iphone at launched... One way or another haha 🙂