iPhone 4S on reservation

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: iPhone 4S on reservation

I would think the same. I was #17 in line for teh black 32gb when the reservation opened & then 2 days after went into IN PROGRESS. Now its been stuck there.

If Rogers does not change it to SHIPPED today or tonight then ill just have to wait outside a Rogers plus store all night.
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

ordered an iPhone 4s 64GB BLACK -

I was #143 on Friday at 6:05am and now i'm #120 OPEN status ....

If this is a national number, it's pretty sad that those numbers haven't shipped.  Rogers couldn't buy 1000 iPhones of each model nationally?

and why is Rogers so darn secretive of how all this works?  like really!!

I've Been Around

I reserved a 16gb white. Yesterday I was #74, and today I am #96. How is this possible??

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

They must of pushed back the ones that have reserved the 16gb white one. I would not know man. Sucks tho.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

seems like 22 rogers reps wanted a white 16g

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

This is all very wierd. I was at 540 when i ordered friday morning, for the same 4s black 32 gb. But I've only moved up to 519, 21 spaces, while you've moved up 65 spaces. If this was nationwide shouldn't we be moving at same pace. If a bunch of people cancelled before you, then i'd move up by the same number as you, and if people cancelled between your order and mine then id move up alot more. I'm in Toronto btw.

Also i hear people talk about how rogers couldn't have ordered more. I think there is one phone any provider would want to get their hands on, it would be the iphone. I bet rogers etc would take as many as they could get, but apple can't supply them.

its still dissapointing that rogers can't ship out these phones. The way i calculated it is this. Say you're #500. then approximately within all 6 models the lowest you can be is #3000.  Now i'd imagine rogers would easily have gotten 3000 phones for launch, or should have. Now if you take into account rogers, telus, bell, fido, etc, approx 4 major carriers, you're talking approx 12000 phones. if AT&T sold 200k pre orders, and if they have those in stock, then i think it would be easy to supply all of canada with 15-20k phones for launch.

Remember how slowly the iphone 4's trickled through? i remember lineups at the apple store 3 months after launch. And at that time, the US got released way in advance, then it was canada+couple of other countries. This time its a simultaneous launch for about 10 countries. I have a feeling considering all those supply issues apple has had for past iphones, it might be even worse for the 4s, and even worse in canada, since now we're contending for supply with all these more populous regions like US europe Japan.

Anyway this is just a guess. ultimately its not in the hands of rogers i think, they know the appeal of the iphone for its customers. Its Apple. I just wish rogers would have been clearer about this. and considering all their underhanded tactics in the past with consumers, the only thing worse would be if rogers has taken all these pre-orders, now i'd say 90% of them are not going to go stand in line, and will wait for  their phone. So rogers now has guaranteed customers, and could trickle phones to them very very slowly while pumping the majority of whatever they get into the retail channel. the way i had expected this reservation system to work was for rogers to say hey if you want a phone, go reserve one online. That way it would be alot more orderly, rogers would have a steady stream of customers, everything would be hunky dory. but it seems that is not the way it is/

From Pepsitrollyman

Im not moving much for the black 32g S either. im at 461. i started at 526 so it seems like they only had a few around. kind of ridiculous. should have had at least 500 for pre-orders set aside. you would think.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I agree.  When I was told about the reservation system I was told that my phone would be there launch day (Sad to say I believed that lie 😞 lol) Also, if I was #70, I would have definitely presumed that they had at least 100 of each model set aside for the reservation system...or cut it off at a reasonable number. There's no way that over 4000 people should have been able to reserve it knowing they had nowhere near that number.

But then again, who knows? We might all be surprised and get our phones sooner than we think 😛

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

I am on #5490 for the ip32g black and my wife is on #3432 ip32g white... I guess this means we'll put our hands on these next "spring", right?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

i am also guessing that the store that you chose for pickup means nothing

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Not, that I know what I am talking about but you would think that even if u waited outside the stores that u would be guaranteed a phone, I am pretty sure that they have limited stock as well..so may have to wait for a few days outside the store. I know getting it first day is a big rush and we all want it, but at least the
reservation system guarantees us a phone with some expediency. And I read that a store will hold the phone for up to 18 days.