iPhone 4S on reservation

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: iPhone 4S on reservation

Lol I really hope so.. I have better odds of getting my phone soon if it is not store specific lol. If 1314 people reserved the iPhone I wanted at my store alone.... 

I like the odds of province or all of Canada Smiley Happy

I Plan to Stick Around

Actually it's store specific. I reserved 1313 unit at your store 😛 I hope some day to corner the iPhone 4S reseller market.

Ok maybe not. Bad joke. It does seem to be device-specific. I'm in at #330 - status is 'Open' and I'm in wait and see mode.

I ended up reserving one through Apple b/c of the uncertainty around the pricing and line-ups and all. I can always return it, but it's good to have options. Two years in a row I was first 5 in line at Rogers store, had the phone in hand, and turned away b/c the store guys don't know what the **bleep** they are doing (didn't know about early upgrade plan/computers down etc).

Although I'm an optimist, and I do wish the best for Rogers, I don't see how this year be different given the Rogers operating model seems to be the same as years gone by. Why are the Rogers stores so disconnected from Rogers proper? Are they franchises?

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

If anyone is trying to figure out what their upgrade cost is going to be you can always go to your "my rogers" account and enter your info and it will tell you what it will cost to upgrade to iphone 4s.  

I'm a Regular

Yeah the tool is live. Forget it I'll wait for the 5 so I don't get hit with an even higher upgrade fee when going from a 4s to a 5 when it's out in less than a year. Rogers quoted me $320 early, $209 for 16gb 4s, and $35 fee. For that coin might as well buy it out right at apple and then when 5 comes out renew at Rogers. That way you won't be paying early upgrade twice.
I Plan to Stick Around

Oh - I'll check the tool. Doyou have a link?

I Plan to Stick Around

Clicked the  'upgrade my phone' Iink and got:

"Unfortunately, we can not process your hardware upgrade at this time. Please visit your ... We apologize for any inconvenience"

Is the the tool?

I'm a Regular

No, when you sign in the first page that opens has like 6 large boxes, billing, overview etc. There is an iPhone 4s box/picture, click that one.
I've Been Here Awhile

What are the odds they'll allow people who got the 4 last year to upgrade at promotional prices? 650$ after tax for the 16gb is very steep...might as well get the unlocked one. 

I Plan to Stick Around

@AccordTR:

I'm at Home | My Rogers | Overview

I see a box for 'Wireless', with my exisitng phone details in there. I click 'Upgrade My Phone' and I get the error above.

Am I in the wrong spot?

I Plan to Stick Around

@AccordTR: I got it.. I was in the wrong spot

Cheers