iPhone 4S on reservation

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: iPhone 4S on reservation

They never will. No company in the world will tell everyone & the public how many stocks of phones they have.

The only people Rogers & the rest of the companies will tell how many they have are the Head managers & owners of the company. Also the will tell  the workers that will processes the phones before they ship to the stores & third party stores.

Highlighted
I'm a Regular

Has Rogers posted anything about the exact upgrade fees or our we still assuming it's the 30 month min?
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

No Rogers will not be doing a special upgrade this year.

& Yes rogers has posted the prices & all at

http://redboard.rogers.com/

Rogers will only do upgrades the new way the have. You have to pay off inorder to do a upgrade.
Highlighted
I'm a Regular

Then that's obviously why so many people are canceling. To pay such a premium for such a minimal hardware change over the 4 is not worth it. Also for those that do buy the 4s now, your going to get hammered next year when you try to get a 5. Anyone with a 4 is best to wait for the 5, you'll be close the 30 month.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

To me i do not care anyways. I have been with the 3G since it came out. My contract is up in the end of oct anyways. So yea. I will most likely get the 5th on next year if anything.

But yes Rogers did **bleep** up this year with the upgrades. They should have just given everyone the special upgrade they always have. I do realize that people are leaving due to that is going on but before they reserved it they should have called Rogers & asked about how much would it be to upgrade to a new phone. Yes i do realize that Rogers never told anyone that they are not doing a special upgrade but was isn't clear when they rolled out the new early upgrade system this would happen.. I do not know but Rogers really **bleep**ed them self s over this time.
Highlighted
I'm a Regular

I'm actually curious if Rogers could get in trouble for changing to the 30 month rule. If we signed a contract when we got our 4 and Rogers then just changed it because they wanted too, isn't that covered under the new government cell phone laws? I thought I read something about if carriers change your contract you can walk away and basically tell them to stuff it.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Also for the ones that are getting their reserved iphones on Friday.

You guys need to know this. I talked to about 13 rogers plus stores & all of them are Store Managers also. They have told me " yes we have a phone reserved in our names in the store. However we still have to wait in the line that will be outside. They will not let us Bypass the line at all. If the store runs out of iPhone's on Friday. You are still guaranteed that you will get your phone since it will have your name & number on the box. So yes we still have to wait in line but you do not need to worry if you will get your phone or not. If the store tells you they have it. You" will get it no matter if they are sold out of the phones. You phone will be hidden or somewhere else for them to keep till you pick it up. "

To sum it all up. If the Rogers store calls you saying your phone is there & to go pick it up Friday at launch. YOU STILL NEED TO WAIT IN LINE LIKE THE REST. WE CAN NOT BYPASS THE LINE BECAUSE WE RESERVED THE PHONE. Our phones will be hidden or put somewhere else in the store for us to pick up at the store.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Nope Rogrers can not get in trouble for that. They need to ask CRTC for it to be accepted & if they accept Rogers will go for it.

You can walk away anytime you like. But if you read the agreement you signed when you got your phone it states That changes will happen & you will be notifed. No changed have been made in your contract at all 😕 you guys are just crying over something Rogers , Bell & TElus has done.

Rogers just changed the upgrade policy that only affect you when you upgrade. It has nothing to do with your CORRECT contract. If you go to Bell, Telus & the rest they will have the same policy. Or they will make you pay some money to upgrade. Same thing as what rogers is doing.

Right here is the link for Telus website doing the same thing as Rogers with the early hardware upgrade cost.

http://www.telusmobility.com/en/ON/phones_and_devices/upgrading.shtml

Here is bells new upgrade fee.

http://mobilesyrup.com/2011/05/17/bell-to-launch-new-hup-program-may-22nd/

I can not find it on Bells website but i cal;led in & talked to a few reps & managers & they told me that is correct. They have a ny upgrade policy in which is the same as Rogers & Telus upgrade fee policy.

SO anything to say to that since you guys only get pissed of at Rogers & **bleep** at Rogers when even teh 2 other bigger carriers are doing the same thing.. hmmm..

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Wew, massive drop in the last 12hrs. Went from 465 to 421.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

You know why this is happening?

The people that have the status " In Progress " do not have a number anymore. Whoever is getting their #s lower within hours & all they are getting our numbers since we are done on the list. That is the only way to understand it.