cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 4S on reservation

Targetsu
I Plan to Stick Around

When will the iPhone 4S be available on the Rogers online reservation system?

Thanks

-Paul

***edited labels***

1,518 REPLIES 1,518

Re: iPhone 4S on reservation

IwantThe4S
I Plan to Stick Around

it has to be either province or city wide now. yo guys drop from 106 to 24 ? ive been 96 and only drop to 51 recently -_-"

Prabz
I Plan to Stick Around

How many people's status has updated from OPEN?

Just curious to know maybe that will show if your position # is under a certain number

you will be guaranteed a launch day delivery?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Well I am #17 and this afteroon around 1pm it changed to " in progress " it was "open" when I checked 12:30pm in the morning. I live in toronto ontario.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Also the ones that have changed to " in progress" that means Rogers has the phones in the warehouse and they are just getting the waybill from ups / post canada and once they get it, they will ship it out. I know for sure tho the ones thay have been changed to " in progress" will get it at launch..

IwantThe4S
I Plan to Stick Around

i have a bad feeling about this list now...if it was nation wide , i had a decent shot at getting it on launch.  now im 51 and i doubt ill get it within the first 7 days .....rogers was super sketchy about deleveries when it came to the 4, they might be even more so about the 4s -_-"

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Well I just called rogers 4 times. They all told me when its in progress and since it does say it on the FAQ. It means that the phone is in the warehouse and they are either waiting for ups / post canada to pick it up OR they are wating from both the way bill and then once its picked up, we get the email with the tracking info and number.

IwantThe4S
I Plan to Stick Around

My only question is : why so little info ?

We werent told what the list was, only "first come, first serve" but as we are seeing  with the uneven drop numbers,  THATS not even true. I'm not crying or trying to give them a rough time, but shouldnt we be able to at the very least get that much? I mean teh retailers have confiermed the date you can pick ur phone up from them ( assuimg u have a low number) and we are left in the dark...?

heyyoudvd
I Plan to Stick Around

I was at #24 for a 32GB Black and now it says "In Progress". Does that mean it'll be available for launch day?

RickG
I Plan to Stick Around

I was #94 on Friday morning when i reserved mine.  Went up to #81 by the next day.  And right now i'm #51 with an open status.  The only thing that pisses me off is that i'll have to pay (as of right now), $180.00 extra for an early contract cancellation.

IwantThe4S
I Plan to Stick Around

what province are u from? sounds like what happened to me, infact ALMOST the exact same numbers..
I was 96-94-91 and now exactly 51....

RickG
I Plan to Stick Around

I'm in Ontario.

What iPhone model did you choose?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

From what i have been reading around. People are canceling due to that they are going to pay so much just to upgrade to the phone.

That would make sense tho. People just yesterday found out how much it would cost to upgrade & all. They never checked it before the reserved the phones. So maybe they did not want to keep the reservation so they canceled them.

Who knows.

Btw i picked the 32gb black iphone 4s. & i have been 17th since yesterday morning. Just this after noon my status changed from " Open" To " In Progress"

I am sure Rogers has enough to get out about 300. Just gotta give them time. I really would not know. BUt for all the others that have the same Status as me " In Progress" That means our phones are in the warehouse ready to be shipped to the store. I do believe either tomorrow night or Tuesday night They will start shipping them Depending on where you are shipping it too & how far the warehouse is from that place. The email we get when it ships will tell us the Tracking number to check when the phone will be at the store & tracking info. I do believe also UPS will be the ones that will deliver them to the store.

RickG
I Plan to Stick Around
Black, and I haven't decided on either the 32g or the 64g

RickG
I Plan to Stick Around
I would like to know how many ( as in ALL together), Rogers received.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

What do you mean you have not decided on the gbs? Did you not reserve one of those?

You are not going to get that answer from anyone or anyone working from Rogers. Rogers will not release that info to the public at all. They never have & never will. Bell, Telus & all the others Do not release or say how many phones They have.

They won't say, but generally it's probably into the tens of thousands of units range.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

They never will. No company in the world will tell everyone & the public how many stocks of phones they have.

The only people Rogers & the rest of the companies will tell how many they have are the Head managers & owners of the company. Also the will tell  the workers that will processes the phones before they ship to the stores & third party stores.

AccordTR
I Plan to Stick Around
Has Rogers posted anything about the exact upgrade fees or our we still assuming it's the 30 month min?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
No Rogers will not be doing a special upgrade this year.

& Yes rogers has posted the prices & all at

http://redboard.rogers.com/

Rogers will only do upgrades the new way the have. You have to pay off inorder to do a upgrade.

AccordTR
I Plan to Stick Around
Then that's obviously why so many people are canceling. To pay such a premium for such a minimal hardware change over the 4 is not worth it. Also for those that do buy the 4s now, your going to get hammered next year when you try to get a 5. Anyone with a 4 is best to wait for the 5, you'll be close the 30 month.