cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 4S on reservation

Targetsu
I Plan to Stick Around

When will the iPhone 4S be available on the Rogers online reservation system?

Thanks

-Paul

***edited labels***

1,518 REPLIES 1,518

Re: iPhone 4S on reservation

That's not how it works. Rogers, Telus, Bell, etc have a contract with Apple for however many units they plan on selling. Likely in the neighbourhood of a hundred thousand units on the 14th, and then so many per week for the next few months and an option to purchase more later on.

Essentially, Rogers, Telus, and Bell have already purchased their phones which are seperate stock from Apple's consumer stock.

MX
I Plan to Stick Around
Either way I hope we dont have to wait until end of October. I just want it on the 14th and I have good reason to. My parents leaving for China on the 16th and I need to link up with them with their old iphones so I can facetime them internationally.

andrew2012
I Plan to Stick Around

Excellent. Just became #12. 🙂 It started at #14 at 5:44am, then became #13 at 8:15am, and now I'm #12! Keep those cancellations coming! Lol!! 😉 

Breezygirl
I Plan to Stick Around
I agree, I started at #33 and am now # 30. 🙂

Argh, been trying for 14 HOURS!! Getting the error "An unexpected error has occurred with your device reservation. Please sign back in and try again." and Rogers phone support is NO help 😞 Looks like I might be going with another carrier, this is unacceptable.

hanktt
I've Been Here Awhile

Are you using IE.  The reservation script has some problems if you are using IE.  Try using Firefox.

white 64g #31

black 64G #46

5.55am

IwantThe4S
I Plan to Stick Around

OHH YEAHH! i started at number 96 and 6:02 a, and now im  #92 !!  I hope that more people cancell!!!!!!
white 32gigs

I wonder why they are canceling tho

AccordTR
I Plan to Stick Around
I think people are canceling because they realize it's prob going to cost them $500-600 for the phone because no early upgrade.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
I am now #18th now :). Was. #19 before. i am guessing that people are leaving rogers due to how long we might have ti wait and also because there is no special upgrade this year.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Now i am 17th lol what is going on? So many people are canceling.

andrew2012
I Plan to Stick Around

I think you're right---those that are cancelling probably didn't do their research! Early upgrades ARE available at around $20/mth until your upgrade is actually due. For me, since I got my bb9700 in Dec.09, I only have to pay $40 for this latest ip4S. People need to do their research BEFORE they formally commit to anything! Either way, I'm #11 at the moment, and predict I'll break the top 10 before launch---which means I'm essentially guaranteed a device at my local store on launch---since it's quieter than most. 🙂

IwantThe4S
I Plan to Stick Around

i dont mind :S All I hope is that Rogers has atleast 100 phones allocated to the pre orders....if they pull something off like  10 phones....it wouldnt be worth it !

so let me get this right, we have priority right?

siwo118
I'm Here A Lot

I'm still #6 ...... didn't move at all.

I can't even reserve mine, keep getting an error Smiley Mad I have tried all browsers, that's not the issue, Rogers reps also tried to do it for me, they couldn't, anyone else having the same issue?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Maybe Rogers took it down? Or maybe A lot of people are trying at the same time in which crashed the server or its full?

I would not know but keep trying man.

@ Siwo. You would now move unless the person underneath you canceled his. That's only when you will move. 2 people underneath me canceled & i went from 19th to 17th. that's how it works.

I just hope since Rogers so called has a dedicated shipment for the people that reserved the phones. We can get them at launch or even a day after ( in which my case i hope at launch since i am leaving sat night.)

andrew2012
I Plan to Stick Around

Here's what Best Buy says about pre-ordered devices:

"As of 8am on October 14th when the iPhone 4S is available you can come in-store and pick up your pre-ordered device."

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Yup & Rogers Chris over at the Rogers RedBoard is saying that its beeing shipped day of launch

now that means its either being shipped out from the warehouse or its being shipped to the store at launch. Rogers needs to start giving better info out.

Breezygirl
I Plan to Stick Around
I'm still #30 since early yesterday morning, and have not dropped, you would think my number would have moved down since #s under me have. My husband went from #97 to #94.

Rogers really needs to start telling their customers what's going on as I think there is going to be ton of very angry customers on this iPhone launch. I can only imagine the people lining up for hours on end only to find out last minute the phone they have been getting every launch is now double or triple the cost with another three year contract on top of it. It's not going to be pretty!

My question is, on the upgrade elligibilty whether it's from when you got your last phone or from when you changed something in your plan and were told you had to resign another 3 year contract? I will be very angry if it's the later and so will my husband. It will be the last three years Rogers will get from us.

andrew2012
I Plan to Stick Around

Breezygirl
I Plan to Stick Around
Thanks Andrew, I have been and put a post in that's being reviewed. People are going to be livid and Rogers better prepare.