iPhone 4S on reservation

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: iPhone 4S on reservation

@ MX. I thought about that my self. Maybe rogers thinks if Apple puts the pre orders at 3am people will do that & only a few will reserve it from rogers? I do know tho that even when Rogers puts it on the reservation list, the server will be flooded with people trying to reserve one.
I'm Here A Lot

I understand. I think I've heard Bell, Telus or w/e won't be having any contract deals? It will be the same price as ordering from Apple. Is that true?
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Nope. I talked to 3 Telus Managers at the call center & they all told me when you pre order its the same as the reservation from Rogers. All you do is pre order a phone under your name & go to the store & pick up the phone & it is either a upgrade if you are able to do one or buy it out right,

I might be wrong on this so do not get mad if i am. I just heard that tho. Apple Will have the pre orders but only to buy them outright since you are buying it straight from the company its from. Not a carrier like Rogers, Bell & Telus.
I Plan to Stick Around

it starts 6:00am atlantic time, than it moves on so its different times for each zone They dont say exactly when for each time zone though
I would say GO TO SLEEP tonight and wake up at 6:00 atlantic time and just keep checking
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Well i am in Toronto which is eastern time lol. From what i have seen on the Rogers Red board Reservation thread. They have told people that the will start the reservation at 6am eastern time.
I Plan to Stick Around

Can you link? Well they said by 9:00am everyone should have it but since i stayed up arleady i kinda want to be one of the firsts. IF its 6 am its no problem for me and I wake up at 6 and get it. I just hate refreshing every time from 6:00am to 9:00
I Plan to Stick Around

I have a question. Is it possible to reserve a phone without having a data plan?

I'm currently in the process if figuring out what data plan I want but I haven't pulled the trigger yet, so at this very moment, my plan is only voice.

Will I not be able to reserve a phone because of that?

I Plan to Stick Around

nope u will be. U just have to get a data plan after
preorder is just so u get ur name on the waitlist for a phone so u dont have to wait in line or worry about them being out of stock
I Plan to Stick Around

Alright, Rogers servers are officially down for maintenance until 6am. So it's safe to say you can go to bed until then!

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Does anyone have any confirmation as to whether or not early adopters of the iPhone will still get a deal?