iPhone 4S on reservation

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: iPhone 4S on reservation

That's how it works. You might be lucky enough if you are under the 50th mark to get it the same day. Who knows. Ill be sure to either try & reserve one or go to the store. I do not know yet which one. Since i am leaving Saturday night i do not know if i will be under the 50th mark or not.

If you want to be under the 50th mark or even under the 100th mark you need to wake up pretty early to do so. Rogers from what i know does cleans the system & does some stuff on it from 2am till 6am. Which in between that time they will put it up. I for sure will be awake from 4am ( since i work at 5am) so ill try & do it then
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Ok, so if I understand you correctly, I need to be at my computer at 3am to pre-order the phone, so I have a pretty high chance of receiving the phone at my store of choice on the 14th? I wasn't aware that Rogers was going to ship prior to the release date. In other words, if I want to pick up my pre-order on the 14th, the warehouse likely has to ship my phone either the 12th or 13th. I'm not so sure they're going to do it this way. Chances are, if you're one of the first to pre-order, you'll probably receive your phone on the 18th or 19th. That makes more sense to me. I just might pre-order and find a local store that may not be too busy(fat chance), buy the phone in-store, and simply cancel my pre-order----this assuming i want my phone on the 14th.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

That is correct. Even tho you reserve it early ( like if you are under the 100th mark) You have a chance of getting the phone in a week or so.

I talked to A Rogers  Manager when i phoned in & he told me that like how the stores are the people that pre order / reserve it get it when in hight demand ( which means that the call center will only have a few & the stores will have more).

I talked to a few Rogers plus stores here in Toronto & they told me they would not know when they will get the shipments for the iphone 4s yet. The told me that last year some stores get the ip4 got them in the morning of the release day.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I just called Rogers earlier this evening and was told 8am was when we can pre-order online. I'll still be checking at the formentioned time of 3am though, just in case 🙂

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

If you go on the Rogers RedBoard forums & go into the Reservation thread you will see they tell us 6am. I just called in & they told me they do not know but it should start from 12am now. I do not know how Rogers does bussniess but this is bad since Telus told its costumers what time they can start pre ordering them. Telus does its pre order at 3am oct 7th which is in 2 & half hourts away.  I suggest Rogers does the same next time?

If Rogers makes us wait till 6m its pretty bad. People will flood the server just to try & reserve one. I for one will stay awake to check every 20 mins just to make sure. But from what i have read from 2am till 6am Rogers shuts down to do mantriance so i do not know if they will put it on at that time.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I just called in, she said it was 9am. And she said its coming out 18th, wtf? roger is honestly so inconsistent and disorganized.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Yea im still on the phone with this nice ladt & she asked about 20 others that work with her & they tod her they do not know what time it will come out. Like if Rogers wants costumers to pre order or reserve one AT LEAST tell us the time.

Maybe they do not want costumers to know so they do not get ther server flooded? idk.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

yea im on with customer relations and she thinks it already started, i think they doing different times with different plp
I Plan to Stick Around

Are we factoring in time zones? Ughh this is a mess, and I guess I'll just have to stay up all night 😞

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Honestly from what i have heard is the people i talked to are from Toronto. They all said different times in which does not make any sense. Unless they all think the time they tell us are right i do not know. Why even tell costumers different times if you are not sure right?

Rogers needs to start thinking right here. Costutmers do not know what time t will start. Unlike Telus where on their website show the time & date.

My girlfriend just called in & they told her it already started aswell but on mine & her account it does not show iPhone 4s on the reservation list.

Naw the people i spoke to are from Toronto which is eastern standard time. I spoke to over 15 of them. Yes i called in 15 times just to see. They all told me different times. I kinda find it funny how Rogers does not tell costumers nor they people thast work for them.