iPhone 4S frequent no signal

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

iPhone 4S frequent no signal

Hello all,

I am regularly plagued with the problem of completely losing signal on the 4S, even during times when there should be bars. If I go into the settings and manually select Rogers as my carrier, instead of having carrier selection set to automatic, it'll reconnect and I have bars. If I then go back to automatic, it continues to work fine until the problem reoccurs sometime later.

This is annoying and frustrating. Reading on the Internet it seems iOS 5.01 caused a similar problem for some people, but I'm not sure that this is the same thing. Any suggestions?

******* Edit labels ********

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

Re: iPhone 4S frequent no signal

Before going to the store there are some steps that would probably need to be done before confirming that the issue is a physical one. These things would include

1.) Reset Network Settings (Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. Only lose Saved Wifi-Passwords)

2.) Make sure your device is up to date (5.1)

3.) Restore the device through iTunes (Could be a software issue which this would resolve)

I would suggest trying these things first of all to prevent a repeat trip to the store.

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Take the phone to any Apple store for technician check it out.They will swap u the new phone if the cant fix it.

Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

Before going to the store there are some steps that would probably need to be done before confirming that the issue is a physical one. These things would include

1.) Reset Network Settings (Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. Only lose Saved Wifi-Passwords)

2.) Make sure your device is up to date (5.1)

3.) Restore the device through iTunes (Could be a software issue which this would resolve)

I would suggest trying these things first of all to prevent a repeat trip to the store.

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

View solution in original post