iPhone 4S early upgrade

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: iPhone 4S early upgrade

What cancellation fee are you referring to?
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Cancellation fee is stated in the contract. HUP fee is not and can be changed at any time by Rogers. Feel free to cancel if it is cheaper, but you are going to have to port your number to a different carrier, you can't just cancel and then fire up a new contract with Rogers. Well you could, but you would lose your number and you would have to give 30 days notice and good luck getting a 4S anytime soon unless you are waiting in line for 20 hrs...
I've Been Around

Umm, I called both Rogers the 888 number and a rogers store across from my work and they both said I can do the early hardware upgrade charge plus get the 4s at the discounted price cause they are renewing my contract, dunno what that one user is talking about....

I've Been Around

I did the thing online and it said im eligible for the upgrade 209 plus activation and i get the 50 dollar credit on my bill or whatever. I am 25 months into my 3 year contract does the price they show me include canceling the remaining months and if it doesn't would I have to cancel the 5 months to get to thirty or the whole 3 years?
I'm Here A Lot

nope..terms of service states upgrade is a curtousy to customers and it can change at any time and they can take it away at any time 🙂 which makes sence for any company 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

@cassy1987 please Edit your first post instead of making 3 post when you could have just done it on the first one. Just a tip for next time 🙂

Yes it does say that BUT the Company tells its costumers its changing anything before they do. I have seen Rogers & other companies do this many times.
I'm Here A Lot

they send these noices out through bills an emails....and they dont have to inform you. they have a lot of things in those contracts that cover ever aspect of everything 

I'm Here A Lot

i laugh everyday at people who think they deserve a 600 dollar phone for 159 dollars after they just got a 600 dollar phone for 100 bucks a year before that...i cant even believe they provided an early upgrade when the 4 was released.. prolly cuz the 3 was soo crappy 😛 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

You just said it your self they send a notice out through bills & emails. So really they do have to notify the costumers about changes they are going to do in billing or a contract they already have...
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Maybe if you have the money then you can go get it for 600 but people dont right? If you actually sit down & think & this is a known fact so any mod or anything can not delete my post for this. Rogers used to send you a device every six months you would complain. This is why the rules changed. Because people would start complaining that they need a new phone & Rogers would just send one out if the agents wanted to after the 6 months period. Now it changed that you need to pay a early upgrade fee in order to get a new device for that price