iPhone 4S early upgrade

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

iPhone 4S early upgrade

Based on on the past, what are the chances that this will be available?

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: iPhone 4S early upgrade

You just said it your self they send a notice out through bills & emails. So really they do have to notify the costumers about changes they are going to do in billing or a contract they already have...

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

There will be no early upgrade for the iPhone 4s. They just came out with the early upgrade. For more info click on the link i provided.

http://redboard.rogers.com/2011/what-you-want-when-you-want-it-upgrade-early-with-rogers/

An early upgrade fee is a one-time fee based on the device type you currently own and how many months you have until you’re eligible for new customer pricing under the current standard upgrade offer. Customers who do not want to upgrade early are still entitled to upgrade their hardware at the discounted device price before the end of their 3-year term, depending on eligibility under the current standard upgrade offers.

Under this new early upgrade promotion, the following fees will be used to determine the one-time early upgrade fee and refer to a customer’s current device (the one from which they’re upgrading):

$10 per month for voice or quick messaging devices
$15 per month for select smartphones, tablets and other eligible devices (i.e sticks, hubs)
$20 per month for premium devices (I.e iPhone 4 and BlackBerry Torch)

So in order to do a early upgrade to get this new iphone you need to either pay what you need + the phone cost & the activation fee or if you are in your 30 months you get it for the price as a 3 year contract. Rogers came out with his 5 months ago. Really doubt they would give ONLY the iphone 4s a special upgrade.

EDIT. i just talk to 4 mangers on the rogers call center & they all told me they are not getting a special early upgrade to the iphone 4s. The phone is coming out in 9 days.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I was curious about this last night, so I phoned. I am on a business plan and I was told there is going to be an early upgrade for the early adopters of iPhone, so who know what might actually happen.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

There might be. Lets hope so because if they do not have one & make people pay more to get one would be pretty sad.
I've Been Here Awhile

There better be. I have a 3G from 3 and a half years ago, I better get a 4s for the lowest price possible....I am thinking in the $99-$149 range.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Doubt you will.

In order to get the iphone 4s for 99-149 you will most likely get it in  a YEAR or so. Rogers will not give you a device for that price since APPLE SETS THE PRICES not Rogers. So what price Apple gives Rogers / Bell / Telus & the rest is the price you will get it. No matter how much you fight with Rogers you will not get it that low. If they give it to you for low price then that means they will have to give it to everyone for low price. Also just because you have the 3G for 3 years doesn't mean **bleep**. I have been with rogers for over 8 years yet do not care. if  Rogers gets the 4s for 159 for a 16gb thats when you will get it.

States have the price like this FOR 2 YEARS MIND YOU

iphone 4s 16gb = 199

32gb iphone 4s = 299

64 iphone 4s = 399

That will most likely be the same price for us unless Rogers put its

16gb =159

32gb = 269

64gb = 379

That how the prices will go unless Rogers some how puts it lower. You will not get it lower then that tho. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

I hope there is an early upgrade.  If not, I'm out.  I called today and they told me my early upgrade fee would be $325 + cost of new iPhone 4S.  For $400 I can leave and go elsewhere...just sayin'.  I really do hope they follow their footsteps from previous years.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Having talked to Rogers last night... the cancellation fee for the iPhone is now $500!  

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

yea I will definately be leaving as well if they don't.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Im curious, does anyone know if their change of upgrade policy is grounds to terminate contact without cost?

I know if they change your contact in any way you have the option to A) keep the previous policy for the remaining term of your contract or B) terminate your contract at no cost.

Does is apply to upgrade polices also?