iPhone 4S Reservation for Business/Corporate Very Slow

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

iPhone 4S Reservation for Business/Corporate Very Slow

I've been following the ever expanding thread about iPhone 4S reservations, and noticed that I, along with many others who have reserved for Business/Corporate account are moving very slowly down the list.

From what I've seen, Rogers is sending out about 3 White iPhone 4S 32GB a week, I was 118 at launch, then 115 on Monday the 17th, and 111 on the 24th.

So, at this rate I should expect mine somewhere around Christmas? I reserved at launch by the way and am in the Montreal region. I'm just opening up this thread to see whether or not it has been the same for everyone else. Also Rogers customer service has been very unhelpful, especially saying that my 68$ plan costs less than 50$ a month and therefore I MIGHT not be eligible for the iPhone 4S upgrade, but they won't know for sure once my unit is ready to ship to me. So I could end up waiting until Christmas to be told I've payed the deposit, and waited 2 months, but I won't get the phone (I have no idea what kind of math Rogers uses to get this)!

******* Edit labels ********

I've Been Here Awhile

Re: iPhone 4S Reservation for Business/Corporate Very Slow

well, i may not have a corporate reservation, but i have moved up faster than you (judging my my #) and reserved after you.  but then seem to go in spurts.  For a few days your # wont change and then all of a sudden there will be a big drop.  Even though I have reserved 2 phones I still call the stores hoping I wont have to wait as they seem to get phones still too.

The whole reservation system is a joke really, when most of the other carriers have them.  Although it could be Apples issue to as they would rather supply there own stores than the carriers.  As well they have been know to throttle the supply from time to time.

I Plan to Stick Around

well the reason I don't blame Apple for any of this is that there truly is huge demand, and I can honestly believe that it is hard to meet demand. My biggest problem is with Rogers' lack of transparency, feedback and inefficiency in general.

1 - Rogers does not even give a projected ship date. I realize that it is something difficult to do, but it does help to have some sort of idea of the time frame in which your device might be shipped.

2 - 50$ iPhone plan. As mentioned above, I am on a 68$ a month plan, and Rogers has told me that this very well might not be sufficient to qualify me to upgrade to an iPhone 4S (and that I will have to wait until my phone is ready to ship, to find out). So then, one might ask what IS required to be eligible to upgrade? The answer was, you must subscribe to a plan worth at least 50$ a month. Anyone else see a problem here?

3 - Consistency in customer service. I've had CSRs tell me "of course you can do this" and the next CSR tell me the exact opposite. I was told by one CSR that I could upgrade my phone in store and all I had to do was cancel my reservation when I got there, even though I was a business customer. The same day another CSR told me this is not possible for any business customers and I would simply have to wait. Two days later, another CSR told me I could "probably" do this. See the problem? And yes the solution is to attempt it and see, but the problem with this is, I must cancel my reservation first, and I might have the pleasant surprise of not being able to complete the upgrade in-store afterwards. At which point I will have no phone and no reservation, YAY!

I am frustrated, and I am impatient, but the only excuse Rogers is giving is that they are overloaded. Well I've simultaneously been a customer with China Mobile for the last 6 years, and they have 900 million subscribers. They offer one of the best and most comprehensive customer service experiences I've had with any company in any field, so obviously this is not a valid excuse. I realize China Mobile doesn't have the iPhone (due to state regulations that forced China Mobile to use TD-SCDMA for 3G), and that having iPhone makes everything so much more complicated. But I've also had many dealings with China Unicom, which does have the iPhone, and over 183 million subscribers, and it was always far better than what Rogers has offered up.

So some might say maybe Chinese labor is cheaper and they can handle the load, sure, but Virgin Mobile here in Montreal also offers an immensely superior experience, and they also have the iPhone. Right now the ONLY reason I don't switch is because I have this 6GB data plan which Rogers says I might have to reduce to 1GB and still pay 7$ more a month, just to use iPhone on their network.

If anyone actually read that rant, I thank you for your patience. I'm just trying to vent, and wrote everything here in the hopes that someone at Rogers might actually look upon it's lowly customers and attempt to fix some problems.

I Plan to Stick Around

i also reserved over the phone through the Business/Corporate group...

i did it on october 18th and went into "in progress (pre-fullfilment)" that same day...

i went to "in progress" on october 21st, but since then it hasn't moved...

i've only moved up about 10 spots in the line (from like 420 something to 415, or thereabouts)... 

however, it only shows me "in progress" when i actually click on the order number (it shows the updated status), but if i don't click on that and just view the main page that you get when you login, it still shows as "in progress (pre-fullfilment)" so i'm not really sure what my status is...

i'm hoping it will ship this week, but i'm not going to get my hopes up.

I Plan to Stick Around

Yes, I too HOPE this week, but I EXPECT around Christmas at this point. By the way, which model did you reserve?

I Plan to Stick Around

i reserved the 16GB white...

someone in the other thread mentioned that they reserved the same model the day before me (through the business side) and it shipped on thursday or friday and is expected to be delivered monday.... so that gives me some hope... but i dont know if the reservation list is just is Canada-wide or by specific locations... hard to think that i've moved up 10 spots in the list and yet still get it shipped this week...

I Plan to Stick Around

Well I ordered the 32GB White iPhone 4S, on October 13th, and upon last checking, I was 114th in line. I had previously been 111th, and moved backwards, so I don't know what is going on. I plan on calling customer service about this on Monday.

Prior to this, I started around 128th in line I think. So I've barely moved at all.

I Plan to Stick Around

I reserved through the business/corporate line on Rogers on the October 17th. I reserved over the phone for a 16gb white iphone 4s. As per Rogers e-mail, my phone was shipped last Friday on the 28th and it provided  me with a UPS tracking number. On the UPS website, it says i should get my phone tomorrow. Though it says that, I'm still going to give them a week because I've heard people still waited for a couple of days to a week even after they get the "your iphone 4s has been shipped" e-mail. 

The only reason why I think it might be slower for others could be because of location? I'm from woodbridge and the UPS centre where all iphones go through is literally 10 minutes away from me.

It coule be because of the model you reserved? I read most people pre-ordered the 32gb iphones. 

Or it could be that a tonne of people reserved right after I did ... I don't know = /. 

Hang in there everyone.

I Plan to Stick Around

Yea i got an e-mail from rogers saying my plan should be at least $55 or more in order to qualify for an iPhone 4s. With customer service, i really think it depends on who you end up talking to as some reps help you a lot and some don't even wanna talk to you.
I Plan to Stick Around

Rashiv05, can you give any indication as to what your reservation number was when you first reserved on the 17th, and how quickly you may have moved up?

i reserved the exact same phone as you (16gb white) the day after you did, and i'm also in Ontario, so i would think that our situations should at least be very similar... but mine has not yet shipped, and based on my number in line, i can't see it shipping anytime soon