cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 4S Reservation for Business/Corporate Very Slow

LongTermCustomr
I Plan to Stick Around

I've been following the ever expanding thread about iPhone 4S reservations, and noticed that I, along with many others who have reserved for Business/Corporate account are moving very slowly down the list.

From what I've seen, Rogers is sending out about 3 White iPhone 4S 32GB a week, I was 118 at launch, then 115 on Monday the 17th, and 111 on the 24th.

So, at this rate I should expect mine somewhere around Christmas? I reserved at launch by the way and am in the Montreal region. I'm just opening up this thread to see whether or not it has been the same for everyone else. Also Rogers customer service has been very unhelpful, especially saying that my 68$ plan costs less than 50$ a month and therefore I MIGHT not be eligible for the iPhone 4S upgrade, but they won't know for sure once my unit is ready to ship to me. So I could end up waiting until Christmas to be told I've payed the deposit, and waited 2 months, but I won't get the phone (I have no idea what kind of math Rogers uses to get this)!

******* Edit labels ********

83 REPLIES 83

Re: iPhone 4S Reservation for Business/Corporate Very Slow

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
@ghy. You do realize that the stores DO NOT know when they will receive ANY shipments for any type of phones... They either get told a night before that they are going to get a shipment of phones OR they will find out ONCE the UPS guy drops them off. The store reps barely know anything since Rogers is NOT telling them anything especially with the iPhone's. Rogers will not tell the reps about when they get the shipments of iPhone's because they DO NOT want people calling in all the time to get one / wait outside of the store.

ghy
I'm Here A Lot
I made my way to an apple store and found the phone I was looking for...unfortunately for me, as we began the setup process we had to call rogers who told us apple can't do the setup because I am on a 'rententions' plan. So either I had to give up my plan or buy the phone at capital cost. It was a bitter sweet moment when I had to walk out of the store empty handed....#whatdoesntkillyoumakesyoustronger

doc_colton
I Plan to Stick Around

My status just changed to "shipped".  Only took a month and I'm still 739th on the waiting list. Smiley Happy

leethc
I Plan to Stick Around

@doc_colton

Mine changed to Activation on Nov 11 3:10pm and is still there when I check moment ago. I order a black 16g on Oct14 and now at 586.

When was  yours changed to Activation and Shipped?

doc_colton
I Plan to Stick Around

leethc,

It changed to "activation" Friday afternoon.  It changed to "shipped" around 2:00 this afternoon.

I just received an UPS tracking number and my status changed to "Shipped" 2 hours ago.

Looks like I will get my iPhone within a couple of days.  BTW, my reservation spot is still #248 out of 442.

Hope that everyone will received their iPhone 4S soon.

doc_colton
I Plan to Stick Around

I got my UPS tracking number as well, it's supposed to be delivered by end of day today.

samr
I've Been Here Awhile

Good luck!  Hope you all get this mysterious device.  I'm still no. 1750 or 2400 or so.  I'll be in "pre-fulfillment" for some time.

muck
I've Been Around

Tchen, are you in queue for iPhone 4s white 32G?

and does anyone know if these reservation lists are province specific or are they canada wide?

ghy
I'm Here A Lot

I'm at #1555 - reserved Oct 27th.  20 days of waiting and counting....

Roundhere77
I Plan to Stick Around

@leethc

sorry for the delay, 

Yes I was able to upgrade at the plus store for my corporate account. They told me that this is not the case for all corp. accounts but they can just look it up for you.

Everyone seems to say that these Rogers Pkus Store's dont know when they will get a shippment but one store new two days in advance that they were getting a phone shippement (not what mind you just that they were getting phones).

That is what lead me to call a couple more and they all got a shipment the same day in the GTA.

got the phone made a call to the buisness line and cancelled no prob. with my $40 given back.

If you get bored of waiting just give some Plus stores a call.

FYI - The phone  is crazy better then the 3G i was rocking. fast and fun. Good luck

Just received my 4S 32GB white 30 minutes ago. 

My original reservation date is October 22, it took just over 3 weeks to received the phone

My reservation spot is still #245 out of 443 even I got my phone Smiley Tongue

ghy
I'm Here A Lot

I finally picked up my Iphone 4S today and no it didnt come in through the reservation system. I stopped by a rogers plus store on weston road in woodbrigde and they had black 16GB and 64GB available. In 1 hour I had my phone and out the door. While I was there 4 other people came in and bought iphones all as walk ins. They might still have some in stock if you hurry. #payingitforward

Bda
I've Been Around

Reading these posts and seeing everyone elses fustrations has eased my insanity over this, so thought I'd post my experience, which by the way is totally absurd.

- Oct 21 - Ordered a 4S 32GB Black...spot 644 of 644

- Somewhere around November 8th I dropped about 200 spots, then the next day was back up 200 spots....called Rogers Business about this and, they had no clue what was going on, but told me my phone should be sent in around 2 weeks.

- Today - spot 550 of 1062....massive progress....in 4 weeks they've shipped 100 phones, seriously.

- Should get my phone sometime around the summer time at this rate.

In the meantime I haven't got any updates since the first week, no change in status and I'm starting to lose my cool. 

I'm baffled that rogers plus stores continue to get iphones in stock, but can't give them to business customers.  I tried this the other day as people on the site suggested it, but apparently its not possible for my account. 

So basically Rogers values new customers and existing personal customers more than those on business plans who's employers probably have some ridiculous agreement with Rogers to get them the business. Its not acceptable.

I continue to have hope that I'll receive a phone soon...but its fading.

leethc
I Plan to Stick Around
Something i found really ridiculous. They have this $55 voice +data requirement for iphone 4s. I have 20 voice +30 data plus $5 Rogers to rogers + $10 value pack but they insists the addon don't count so i only have $50 and need an extra$5 to qualify. Just wondering are all of you who already got their iphone did have a min. $55 plan?

bucsfan
I've Been Here Awhile

Any updates on how fast the corporate reservation system is moving now? I just reserved Dec 9.

ld123
I've Been Around

The reservation system seems to be movng better now. I reserved a 16Gb Black iphone on Dec 2 and today my status changed to shipped. I should be getting it in a few days.

bucsfan
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks. My spot in the reservation line has fluctuated. I started in the 3000s then went down to the low 2000s and now I'm back in the 3000s. Has this happened to anyone else? Does your "spot" in the system actually matter?

blott247
I've Been Here Awhile

It happened to me as well.

I moved down about 8 spots over the span of a week and a half. I moved down about 700 spots at the beginning of the week and then back up to where I was originally.

This reservation system doesn't seem to be to accurate.

I just looked and I am now In Progress (Activation). I was In Progress (Pre fullfillment this whole time)

Does anyone know what that means?

squampy
I've Been Around

Yeah I ordered a 32g black 4s on Nov 15th, still "In progress(Pre Fulfillment)" and #866 out of 1287.  5 weeks seems kind of ridiculous to me and it's not even shipped...

I've also experienced the giant jump in spots only to be bumped back up to where I was.  Very frustrating.

kaci-gav
I've Been Here Awhile

I am on a buisness/corporate account. Ive been on the wait list for almost 2 weeks. Walked into a Rogers Plus store and they had it in stock and walked out with a brand new iphone 4S. And they upgraded it no problem.

I would keep walking into Rogers stores and asking if they have any in stock.

Topic Stats