iPhone 4S Reservation: IN PROGRESS...

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: iPhone 4S Reservation: IN PROGRESS...

From Friday to today I went from 2200 back up to 2999.

Can someone please explain that??
I put my order in on December 8th!

I Plan to Stick Around

That's strange.  I put my order in on Dec 6th for a black 32g 4s and was placed at position 147 in the que.  I'm sitting at 98 now. I find it hard to believe Rogers only received 49 phones in almost 2 weeks if they are allocating these fairly.  

What model did you order? Wonder if it has something to do with the model you ordered or location? 

The whole process calls out for an explanation from Rogers or someone in the know.   

I've Been Around

Well, it has gotten a lot worse in December.  We´ve been waiting for two weeks  and moved from position 800 to 680, not much of a progress. So, no hope in getting the phone by Christmas I guess.  I cant believe this from Rogers, how can it take this long, it is really frustrating, I agree with someone who said it seems the phones are coming from China of something.  We will probably cancel our reservation, my husband is tired of waiting, he thinks its outrageous....I agree...

I'm a Trusted Advisor

@Hsnc1.

I suggest you cancel them. Many Rogers plus stores / Future shops / Best buys Y& any other authorized Rogers stores should have a few in stock now. Down here in Toronto Plenty of Rogers plus stores have them in stock. They get them because people cancel the reservation & they get them before the reservation list. I would look into that if i were you & you husband as well. Its easy & fast

Also you can reserve one at Apple.ca AFTER 9PM!!! & you will get it the next morning. Yes you can do upgrades / new activation & buy it outright from the Apple store. Just head on over to http://www.apple.com/ca/retail/iphone/       & there you go 🙂

I've Been Here Awhile

I was told by a rep at a Rogers store that it would take until MID JANUARY for my reservation!

A friend of mine is with telus and they upgraded her phone right away-no wait.

Don't know why rogers is holding back on EXISTING customers.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

@Kaci-gav. Telus has less costumers that want the iPhone. The sell more Android phones on the Telus networks in which Costumers want. This is one of the reasons as well.

Rogers was the First carrier in Canada to bring the iPhone. So there for more people are with Rogers for that reason as well. Remember Rogers has 9 million costumers where Telus has 7.8 million. Rogers has more costumers that want the iPhone.

Apple is to blame as well. They supply & give the okay to the carriers in how many phones they will receive each shipment. AT&T in the states barely has iPhones in stock as well. My buddy in the states works for a AT&T store & they only get 10-20 iPhones every 2 weeks in which mostly are for the pre orders.

Like i said in my last post. Call some Roger plus stores or any Rogers athorized Rogers stores & see if they have any. Some times costumers cancel in which the stores might have a few in stock.

Also go on Apple.ca AFTER 9PM!! & reserve on with Apple & pick it up the next day. You are able to do upgrades / New activations & outright buy from Apple & they have the same Prices as well.

I've Been Here Awhile

I called Rogers today and the guy on the phone said that once I reserve the 4S, Apple will ship it to the store I choose and it will be here in 3-4 days.

Is this true? My understanding is that the reservation list is backed up and you have to wait weeks.

Any help would be great. 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

@ GD10. That is a lie. Reps at the call center have NO info on the reservation list. They are not able to see or track any info or phones on that list.

Once you reserve it it will take a long time to get it. Why not just go at Apple.ca AFTER 9PM!! & reserve one from them & get it the next day?. You can do upgrades / new activations & buy it outright. They have the same prices as rogers does.

I Plan to Stick Around

Apple.ca is showing Jan 12-20th for availability today. Assume everyone is sold out right now because of Christmas. Hopefully things on Rogers reserve will start moving next week when they get resupplied. I'm sitting at 89; started at 147 a few weeks ago. Will let it run for another week or so and see if it moves.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Weird i was able to do one last night for a white 16GB iPhone 4S. Which location are you in?

Also Future shop & Best buy have a few iPhone 4S in stock. You can call them & see if they have any in stock.