iPhone 4S Reservation: IN PROGRESS...

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: iPhone 4S Reservation: IN PROGRESS...

I'm in the same boat. Reserverd on Oct. 11th, status "upgraded" to in progress on the 24th. Still in progress.

What confuses me is that friends of mine who ordered the same model (32gb, black), from the same pick-up location and were behind me in the queue all received their phones last week.

I've Been Around

Mine's been "In Progress" since the 24th as well... still not shipped.  I was expecting it to ship this past Monday as people were saying it was taking 5 business days to ship.   😞

I'm Here A Lot

I dont know why are they waiting to ship them all at once.. I should have just gone to Best Buy and get it there. My friend got his 2 days after the release and they had them in stock. I wasted $40 for nothing. 

I Plan to Stick Around

Ordered October 11 and in progress since October 24.  Warehouse  must be in a China or something as no one at Rogers can give an update.  

I've Been Around

If the warehouse really is in Toronto, it pains me to know that I could have just driven there and picked it up 2 weeks ago....

I'm a Trusted Advisor

You can not get the phone from the warehouse.. They never let anyone get any phone from their. The warehouse in in Toronto, i live 15 mins away from it. ( bus time)

So if you guys are doing a normal upgrade on your account why not  reserve one from Apple tonight AFTER 9pm. You will get your device from Apple tomorrow morning. You are able to do Hardware upgrades ( not on business accounts) New activations & buy outright. I rather you guys do this then wait around. If you choice to go with Apple. When you get your phone lets say tomorrow. Call the store your phone is supposed to be shipped at. Tell them you do not want it anymore. The $40 fee will be credited back into your account once you get the Shipped email.

I've Been Here Awhile

This is in-store pick-up only, right?

My understanding is that Apple will only deliver it to you if you purchase the phone outright (i.e., $649 - 16gb, $749 - 32gb, $849 - 64 gb).

You can reserve the phone online through apple.ca (after 9 pm) for pick-up tomorrow which includes a carrier contract. All of the locations within reasonable driving distance of me show that they are completely out of stock. Will that change at 9 PM?

I Plan to Stick Around

Yes, the apple.ca reservation will change to reflect the new stock that will be available the next day. This is starting at 9:00 pm each night. You have to act fast (ie: 9:00 pm sharp) or else it will quickly become unavailable again.

I'm Here A Lot

When I got the Ipad2 a week after it came out I already started checking at 8:45. They Usually update the stock online around 8:45- 8:50, by 9pm its all out of stock 

I Plan to Stick Around

@slobodan - Thanks for the tip!

Im going to try my luck out tonight at the apple.ca site. Im just wondering, how do I go about cancelling my "in progress" rogers reservation if I am able to get a spot at the apple.ca site?

Thank you