iPhone 4S Reservation: IN PROGRESS...

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: iPhone 4S Reservation: IN PROGRESS...

You call the store you reserved it to go & tell them that you do not want the phone anymore when it arrives to them. That is the only way to cancel while in progress.

I'm Here A Lot

Im not sure if you can cancel or get your $40 back since your status is "In Progress". 

I've Been Here Awhile

This has been my experience with the Reservation system.

I don't know what the latest on this is because I've been "In Progress" now for almost 4 whole weeks. My girlfriend and I both reserved our phones at the same time, and she's had her phone since October 28th. I've asked Rogers Helps on Twitter what the deal is but they've just told me that it's coming and thanked me for being patient.

This whole process has been a mess. It was fine when it first started and I had a queue number. I could see that number go down hour by hour, but after the first week past I noticed that I haven't received a single email communication.

When I give rogers $45 and they say they'll email me every week and then don't, that sounds a lot like false advertising. No communication has been frustrating. No status updates, no admitance of guilt, heck, I don't even know if I've been forgotten about or not!

It also annoys me that after my reservation status changed to "In Progress" it became un-cancelable and that $45 reservation fee became unrefundable.

It's been my worst experience with Rogers ever. I've been a customer for two years, I've never had a problem with my phone or service, and the people I've talked to on the phone and at the store have all been great, but the guys online just haven't helped me and with a process like this no-one is acountable.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Update on Friday November 25th I finally got the call from rogers that my phone had arrived. 2 days after posting this message.

I've Been Around

I've been "in progress" for about a month now since I've reserved my iPhone 4S and I still haven't gotten anything at all, no email, no nothing.

I've Been Here Awhile

Hi everyone just wondering if being 504 on the reservation list on Dec.13 2011 means I have months or weeks to wait for the iphone4, this is new for me and I'm not getting a very helpful response from rogers. Thanks.

I Plan to Stick Around

I've gone from 147 to 106 in a week.  Hard to believe that ROGERS only received forty-one 32g iPhones in a week but who knows how they are allocating.  There doesn't seem to be a lot of complaints so we'll see.  

I've Been Here Awhile

I was waiting for a week, and my number at 133 or something was stuck for 3 days. i called 2001 Audio Video and they had some, and  are an advocate for Rogers among other phone companies. Cancelled the reservation and picked up the 4S 16GB Black on my way home from work. same price got the rebate and everything (when applied online). no big deal.

Reservation system is dumb, and doesn't make sense.  try your luck at 3rd party places. 

I Plan to Stick Around

Started at 147 and after 10 days sitting at 99.  Hard to believe this system is allocating phones fairly across Rogers when it moves so slowly.  I'll let it run until after christmas and see what happens.  

Don't want to be bothered searching out stores that have stock.  Previous experience with my i4 was many would have stock but prefer to sell to new contracts where they make more.  

I've Been Around

I have two phones ordered... 10 days now and only dropped down 50....

Why does this take so long ?  There is alot of demand for these phones?

Please explain?

Thanks

R