iPhone 4S Reservation: IN PROGRESS...

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: iPhone 4S Reservation: IN PROGRESS...

That is the point. Once you go IN PROGRESS you lose the number you are & the next person takes your number if their status has not changed.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

I have seen people been IN PROGRESS since Oct 13th & now they are getting their phones. A person i know just got his phone today & he ordered it Oct 8th & went into progress Oct 13th at night. It all depends what phone model & color & size you get & how many they have.

You will most like get your phone by the end of next week. Believe me i have been waiting since June for a new iPhone & i was using my iPhone 3G. Now that was a pain in the you know lol.

Just wait a few more days & you will get it.:)

I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix did this change recently? I recall reading in the thread that a bunch of people still knew what number they were in the lineup yet it said "IN PROGRESS" for them

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Well when mine changed to IN PROGRESS i lost my number & just said. It could also be that they have not updated the reservation line to take out the numbers.

Mine said.

"Model - iPhone 4S 32GB Black.
Status - IN PROGRESS"

That's all might showed till it changed to Shipped.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

I've been IN PROGRESS for a week. nothing happened. still waiting

How I will be noified if shipment starts - an email?

Will my status changed from IN PROGRESS to SHIPPED?

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

You will get a email when the status has changed to SHIPPED. ( sometimes it will not change to shipped for a few hours after the email has been sent.).

Every one has been in progress for mostly a week or so. Its a normal thing. It takes 3-5 business days or even more if they have a stock of phones being sent to the same place. & then another 3-5 business days for it to be delivered to the store.

Remember Saturday & Sundays do not count as working days. SO your phone has only been in progress for mostly 5 days or more ( without the weekend).

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

ORDER INFORMATION
Shipping process has begun. Additional changes cannot be made. An email with shipping details has been/will be sent to you.

The FAQ on the reservation states up to 4 days.

4 days to ship? Seriously, when i place online orders with other companies their pretty **bleep** accurate with the shipping process to an actual tracking number......... good example would be ebay. Some of these are small home business' that can give you accurate shipping and arrival status'.

To say that the list has not refreshed or updated the line is nonsense. It explicitly states in the FAQ it would be up to 4 days. So those who see in progress and click on more details see what i pasted above.

Mind you, i understand supply and demand better then the average preson here, what drives me crazy is that this system is flawed and should not have been even introduced. Better to sit in line in hopes of getting the device instead of being fed a line of BS from a faulty reservation system. Just in case some need clarification of the reservation system definition....

This is from http://www.thefreedictionary.com/reservation

1. The act of reserving; a keeping back or withholding.
2. Something that is kept back or withheld.
3. A limiting qualification, condition, or exception: has reservations about the proposal.
4. A tract of land set apart by the federal government for a special purpose, especially one for the use of a Native American people.
a. An arrangement by which accommodations are secured in advance, as in a hotel or on an airplane.
b. The accommodations so secured.
c. The record or promise of such an arrangement.
Oh why does Seinfeld come to mind......
Agent: Can I help you? Name please?

Jerry: Seinfeld. I made a reservation for a mid-size, and she's a small. I'm
kidding around, of course.

Agent: Okay, let's see here.

Agent: I'm sorry, we have no mid-size available at the moment.

Jerry: I don't understand, I made a reservation, do you have my reservation?

Agent: Yes, we do, unfortunately we ran out of cars.

Jerry: But the reservation keeps the car here. That's why you have the
reservation.

Agent: I know why we have reservations.

Jerry: I don't think you do. If you did, I'd have a car. See, you know how to
take the reservation, you just don't know how to *hold* the reservation and
that's really the most important part of the reservation, the holding. Anybody
can just take them.

Agent: Let me, uh, speak with my supervisor.

The agent goes into an office with a window in the door so she can be seen
speaking with someone.

Jerry: Uh, here we go. The supervisor. You know what she's saying over there?

Elaine: What?

Jerry: Hey Marge, you see those two people over there? They think I'm talking
to you, so you pretend like you're talking to me, okay now you start talking.

Elaine: Oh, you mean like this? So it looks like I'm saying something but I'm
not really saying anything at all?

Jerry: Now you say something else and they won't yell at me 'cause they thought
I was checking with you.

Elaine: Okay, that's it. I think that's enough, see you later.

The agent returns.

Agent: I'm sorry, my supervisor says there's nothing we can do.

Jerry: Yeah, it looked as if you were in a real conversation over there.
Nuff said........., 2 weeks and waiting still.......................................
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Can you read? It clearly says " CAN TAKE UP TO 5 BUSINESS DAYS"

So clearly you read it wrong. Yes other companies deliver their things faster but also thinks about this. If you live outside the GTA ( Toronto area) Then it will take time to get your device right? It normal unless you pay overnight & all for shipping which Rogers does not do that.
It takes over a week for them to finish packing them & get UPS to pick them up & Then UPS takes it to the Facility in Concord, ONT & then after that they leave. Its up to UPS how long it takes it to get it delivered NOT Rogers. Rogers is not the one delivering them. UPS is.

Your little comment about the reservations is pretty lame. Have you seen in the states what is going on? Read some articles. ATT & Verizon & also Sprint can not fulfill their pre orders on time. It took them over 2 weeks since launch to even get half of those pre orders shipped & all. Every carrier has problems. Yes Rogers has a huge one with making a mistake like that. Most reservations that people made got them. The ones that are high in the reservation system are going to get them soon. ( its normal since they are high in the reservation system.)

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

How long does it take to ship my device?
Once the device is in inventory, it could take up to four days to ship to the store you chose.

Clearly the above cut and paste from the FAQ states 4 days.

Seinfeld lame???? I think im going to cry now since the big bad MeowMix flamed me.......

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

It is up tp UPS how long it takes. NOT Rogers. Do you ever read? Yes the cut & paste is from the FAQ but this does not mean That Rogers will do everything so fast for you to have your toy right when you want it. They are going to ship each phone the way they can. Not the way you want.. After it says SHIPPEd it says it will take 3-5 busniess days to ship.

My god you really do not read do you?
Go into the " Iphone 4S reservation" See it for your self. I & around 2000 others waited for a week & a half to get ours. Once the status changed to "IN PROGRESS" your phone is in the warehouse in which they are boxing it, labeling it & waiting for UPS to pick it up. NOW in this time they will prosess other order in which if they see some of the others are going to the same city / same store then they are not going to just send your phone. They are going to wait to send all of them. When i got the tracking email i went to UPS & once i put the tracking number it showed 43 phones being shipped to the same store. This is why it takes so long to be shipped from the warehouse.If you also live far away it usally takes UPS time to get it too you. Rogers does NOT do express shipping or overnight shipping. They do ground shipping ( normal one). UPS is also closed & same with the warehouse on the weekends SO this can also effect it.

IIf you read a few post on other thread you would understand it.